Introduction

SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER: Dear Future Husband by Megan Trainor

*Song doesn't exactly have the attitude of the main character but it's cute and some girls dream of that perfect and ideal husband so why not*

Dear Future Husband,

Hi. I don't really know how to start this but I guess I'll start by saying hi. I'm Kathryne. Hopefully you already know that....I decided that everyday until we get married I'm going to write a letter to you. These letters will be interesting I'm sure. Although my life isn't exactly eventful, I'm sure I'll find something to tell you about. For now, I'll just say hi, because that's all conversations start right? So maybe this will be the best letter of all, because that just might be how we met. We'll get to tell people, "It all started with a 'hi'.

I folded the letter and placed it in my a wooden box, where I decided that I was going to keep all of my letters.

This was the craziest thing I've ever done, and I've done some pretty crazy things, but nothing like this.

It all started a few days when my mother called a family dinner with her daughters and their families.

I dreaded the dinner to be honest. I loved seeing my sisters, it was my sisters and their husbands that drove me insane.

I wasn't jealous. At least that's what I kept telling myself. It was just painful to see them all so in love while I wasn't and never had been.

****

Few days earlier

"Can you bring dessert tonight for mom?" My older sister Kimberly called and asked me. "Matt and I have to go to an ultrasound for the baby and won't have time."

"Sure." I responded bluntly. I loved Kim. She was always there for me whenever I needed her, it was just now that she was married and about to be a new mom, she was....different.

After picking up ice cream and a couple pies, I went to the gas station to fill my car up before I headed over to my parent's house.

Just before my tank was full, a tall muscular man got out of a sports car. He was perfectly tanned and his arms were nice and toned.

I daydreamed of riding shotgun with him. Going on sunset beach dates, with a romantic walk along the pier and a fancy dinner afterward.

Then my daydream was interrupted when he went to the other side of this mustang, opened the passenger door and out came a beautiful girl who had pearly white teeth and long blond hair with RayBan sunglasses.

That wasn't me. That would never be me even if I wanted it to.

This was the problem, all of the good guys were taken.

Once I got to my parent's house, I parked my buggy in the driveway along with Nissan's and Volkswagen Jetta's. My sister's husband's cars.

"Hi Kathryne!" My mom greeted after I walked inside.

"Thanks for bringing dessert kiddo!" My dad said after I set the pies on the counter.

I went into the living room and greeted my sisters and their husbands. "Hi Kristen, hi Josh." I smiled. "How's work?"

They both owned a bakery downtown and according to Josh, business was booming.

"You'll have to come down again Kat, you'll get ten percent off!" My sister nudged.

I laughed but nodded. "I'll try."

I then ventured into the den where Kim and Matt were watching football with my dad. "Hi guys." I said giving a soft smile to both of them. "How was the ultrasound?" I asked kneeling in front of Kim's growing belly.

"Amazing...." Kim awed. "We'll have to show you pictures."

"Yea...uh yea, I'd love that."

I sighed and went back into the kitchen to help my mom with dinner and get the night over with.

"What's wrong baby girl?" My mom asked bumping my hip.

I smiled to myself because without fail, my mom always knew when something was up.

"Do you remember just before Kim went off to college? When we had a family dinner with just the five of us. Kristen couldn't bring her boyfriend, I couldn't have my phone, it was just us."

My mom smiled and nodded.

"I miss that. I miss us. Now that we're all grown and Kim and Kris are married, we have new additions to our family. Not to mention Kim's baby that's on the way."

"So what are you saying?" My mom asked. "That you wish you all never grew up?"

"No....I just...I've realized that change is inevitable, and I just don't want to miss out anything because changes are happening fast."

"Like marriage." My mom stated as she grabbed a carrot out of the fridge.

"Right...."

"You'll find him honey." She reassured.

"Are you sure about that? Kim and Matt have been married for three years and Kris and Josh for two. I'm 28 mom. When am I ever going to find "the one"?"

"Have you ever thought about letting him find you?"

I shrugged and smiled slowly to myself. "I thought I had found someone today. He was tall and incredibly handsome, and while I stared, he brought out his girlfriend and my heart sank. Am I really that desperate for a guy?" I whined.

My mom laughed and hugged me from the side. "I have an idea..." She whispered. "Come with me."

I followed my mother upstairs to her bedroom and watched as she pulled a box out of her closet.

"What's this?" I asked as we sat on her bed.

"Letters. Letters I wrote to your father years before I met him."

"What?! How come we never knew about this?"

"I never felt the need to tell you girls. Until now."

"What does this have to with me?"

"When I wrote these to your father, I didn't know who I was writing them to. I just wrote. Wrote from my heart."

"So you think I should do that?" I asked with disbelief.

"Sure. It might help you practice patience and let love find you."

I nodded and took one of the letters. My mom poured her heart out in them. She shared her greatest adventures and greatest fears in years worth of letters.

I loved it.

"I'll do it." I finally said smiling at my mom.

"Really?"

"Yea...I'll write to my future husband."

****

Hellooo again!!

Alright so new cover, new story, but same title.

I hope you all love what this story is about and feel free to comment any suggestions and what you like about it

Love yall! :)