XVIII

Brandon~

"Morning..." Ashley whispered as she came into the kitchen.

"Morning my future bride. How are you?"

"I'm good. Kinda weird, but good."

"Why weird?"

"Tell me something....am I really getting married to Brandon Miller?"

"Yes..."

"And are we in his home town right now? Where he met the first girl he fell in love with?"

"Yea..."

"Well then yup. Still weird."

"I know, and I'm sorry. Bright side...my mom likes you. And not just because you're an actress."

"I can't help but feel like I'm the gigantic elephant in the room."

"I know you may feel out of place...but trust me. I love you. Katy is out of the picture. We are nothing more than friends and I don't even know if she sees me like that anymore."

Ashley nodded and started to smile again.

"So uh...when do you plan on telling her?"

I sighed and realized that the situation was inevitable.

"Soon."

"Ha. Ha. Brandon whenever you say soon you mean two years from now."

"I know."

"Why don't we stop by later?"

"Bad idea."

"Why?"

"I'm not really a favored name in the Webster household."

"Well what about Katy's apartment?"

"Uh..."

"Brandon you keep saying that you and Katy are just friends. As friends wouldn't she understand. Besides she's getting married too so if anything she'll be happy for you."

"You're right. We'll stop by later. But right now...let's just drink coffee."

She laughed. "I can do that."

Later in the afternoon I drove by Katy's apartment sitting outside contemplating on whether or not I should go in.

I was devasted when I found out that Katy was getting married. Would she feel the same?

All of a sudden the front door opened and I floored my car and sped away. I couldn't do this. I couldn't tell her that after everything we've been through I was marrying someone else. But then again that is what she did for me.

I stopped by Kristen's cafe and saw Josh working at the counter.

"Hey." I waved.

He gave me a nod and pulled up a seat next to me.

"For the record...Kris would probably banish me if she saw me talking to you right now."

"I know. She'd do anything to protect her sister."

"Those Webster sisters are tight. They always have been."

I nodded. "I'm uh...I'm getting married man."

Josh looked extremely confused and all of a sudden started laughing. "No way, man. Not true."

"To Ashley Baxtor."

"What?!"

"Shh...!"

"Ashley Baxtor?! The Ashley Baxtor?"