XXIII

Kathryne~

It was the big day...

Not the actual big day but close to it. Today I was picking out my wedding dress, and I would be getting fitted to my exact size.

"Isn't this exciting Kate?!" Kristen asked me.

"I guess...I'm kind of nervous. What if I don't like anything they bring out?"

"You will. They're amazing! They made mine and Kim's dresses, and even moms."

"Speaking of...where is mom? I thought she was going to meet us here."

"I think she's on her way..."

I didn't want to start anything without my mom with me. She was the reason that I was getting married next weekend.

"I'm here girls!" She shouted as she walked in.

We both gave her a hug and Margaret came out with three dresses prepared for me.

"Here you are love. Try these on and see what you think!"

My heart pounded and I realized that what I had been writing and dreaming out were suddenly coming true.

"Alright...here's the first one." I smiled coming out of the dressing room.

"Wow..."

"Awww!"

"Pretty!"

Were all the reactions in the room. I liked this dress but something told me that it wasn't the one.

It was a princess neckline and mermaid fitted, hugging my hips and waist very tight.

I wanted something that I would feel comfortable in but something that was modest and beautiful.

"I'm going to try the next one..."

As I came out again, everyone instantly shook their head no. It fit fine, but it super poofy and I almost fell over walking out of the dressing room.

"Okay...next one..."

After trying on five dresses I was getting nervous. I didn't know if I would actually find my dress today or at all. Maybe the whole marriage thing really wasn't for me.

Then I found it. It was perfectly shaped, sized, pleated, and just the right shade of white.

I didn't even have to try it on to know it was the one...it just was.

I came out with the dress on and perfect shoes to match. As I walked out I saw tears shed down my moms eyes, and Kristen tear up a little.

She came to give me a hug and twirled me around like a princess.

"Kathryne...you are going to be the most beautiful bride."

I hugged her again ready to cry myself. I couldn't believe I was getting married...it was really happening.

~

Brandon~

I couldn't believe that all I had gone through, I wasn't getting married. How did I not see that Kathryne was the one all along?

I wanted to go back in time and tell my younger self not to go to LA. To stay in Senoia and marry Katy.

That's what I had wanted to do all along. That's what my passion was. To make her happy, and to see her smile.

Ashley had left a few hours ago, on a plane back to Los Angeles with some harsh words to leave me with.

I really deserved the words too. I was a jerk to drag her all the way out here and to think that our forced relationship could work out. I was foolish to let Craig and everyone else blind me to the real world.

But I realized that I was still at a loss. Kathryne was still happily engaged to Nathan and I wasn't going to ruin that.

She deserved to be happy, and since she was, I would step back.

"How's my boy?" My mom asked me as she handed me a mug of coffee.

We sat out on the porch, watching the sunrise and early risers for their morning jog.

"I'm okay actually." I told her.

"Do you remember when you first met Katy?"

I was surprised by her question but smiled at the memory.

"You and Mrs. Webster were both our class mom's in Kindergarten and you had brought me over to their house to make Christmas cookies."

"Right. You and Kathryne hit it off immediately! Her mother and I knew that yall would definitely would be close."

"You just didn't know how close..."

"We fantasized...I think in the back our mind we were always rooting for yall as a couple. Things can just turn out differently sometimes."

"I really messed up mom. If I hadn't gone to LA, we wouldn't be here right now."

"How do you know? We won't ever know that Brandon. You chased your dreams, and Katy knew that."

"The night that I told you I was proposing to her...were you surprised?"

"No...I knew that you would eventually do it."

"Do you think I should have? Back then."

She waited a moment and sipped her coffee slowly.

"You see that girl right there?" My mom pointed at Katy running up the street. "That is a girl that will always love you. No matter how old she is, and no matter who she's with."

"So I should just be patient?"

"You should be Brandon. Be whoever Brandon Miller is supposed to be, and the girl will come. They always do."

I watched as Katy ran passed our house and waved. Her long ponytail bouncing behind her.

I sighed and waved back. Patience. Just patience...

***

Another chapter as promised!!

Katy has her dress and Brandon got rid of Ashley!!

The world is great right?!?!?

Lol yea...well it will be

Stay updated for more this week!!