15 (dylan)

"what do you want?" i say, brushing past him.

"to explain myself." eddie says, drenched in rain.

"not going to happen. i'm going to the gas station." i unlock my car

"can i ride along?" he asks.

i study him, and he must sense my doubts.
"look, it's five minutes away. give me that to explain. please."

i think this over, and think about what my mom said. if i really like him, i'll let him ride along. if i don't, then i'll say no.

"fine." i say, sliding into the drivers seat.

eddie slithers in next to me and buckles his seatbelt.

"okay, your time starts now." i said, pulling out of the driveway.

"so, that night i was drunk. i could barely function. i have no memory of it. i was completely intoxicated." he begins.

"so? that doesn't mean it didn't happen." i tell him.

"i know. but it wasn't my choice. i didn't want to. look, i don't know if you'll ever forgive me. but if you will, just tell me. if not, i'll leave you alone." he says, and i continue to drive.

"i'll forgive you. eventually. but, i know what i want to do."

"what?"

"i want to hit you." i say, pulling into the gas station parking lot.

"excuse me?" he asks.

"i want to smack you." i said simply.

"what do i get out of this?"

"you get closer to me forgiving you" i say

"fine. deal."
he climbs out of the car and into the parking lot, closing his eyes and stiffening up.
i climb out, and brace myself.
this hit has to count.
i cock my arm back, and slap him hard.

"shit!" he yells, clutching his face.

"you deserved it." i say, sitting on the curb.

he sits next to me, and we both let the rain drench us.
"you don't understand how meaningless everything is without you." eddie says at last.

"ew. corny." i say, laughing at him.

"yeah i know, but it's true." he said, running his hand through his long hair.

"look. i feel bad for you. i mean, you were basically in a coma, but i can't help still feeling mad. and i can't help still wanting to be with you."

"what can i do to make you not feel angry?" he asks, full of sincerity.

"i don't know. i just need time to simmer out. i'm not mad you slept with her. it wasn't your choice . i'm mad you lied to me. but i guess you're forgiven."

"oh thank god. everything was shit when we weren't talking. and i'm sorry about lying. i swear on my life i forgot." he said.

"you get back in the car. i'm going to buy some stuff from the gas station."

i run inside, and buy a carton of eggs and some candy.

eddie's cranking iron maiden in the car, and he peeks into the bag, looking puzzled at the eggs.

"we're egging jason's place." i say, pulling out of the lot.

"awesome." eddie says enthusiastically.

                        .               .               .              .

we park a couple houses away from jason's, and the rain makes us almost invisible, but both of us wearing black helps too.

"just chuck em and run, the cars ready to go." i say, creeping closer to his house.

eddie nods beside me, and we both start throwing eggs.
we're laughing hysterically, and simultaneously throwing eggs when jason comes out, icing his nose.

"what the fuck?" he yells, and eddie hits him clean in the face with an egg.

im already sprinting to my car with eddie on my rail, and we hop in, speeding away.

"you see me hit him in the face? i nailed him." eddie says, a huge grin on his face.

"i saw. good job."

"so." he says, patting his hands on his thighs.

"do you uh want to come inside?" i ask, pulling into my driveway.

"yeah. my clothes are wet though." he says, relief washing over his face.

"just borrow some from my brother." and i'm pulling him inside the house before my mom catches a glimpse of him.

thanks god she goes to bed early, because eddie is the loudest person i've ever met.

"kyle, i need some clothes."

"what?"

"for my friend. i need some of your boxers, and a pair of your sweatpants. i'll give you 10 bucks."  i whisper.

"fine." kyle stands up and hands me some clothes from his laundry basket, so i give him a 10 dollar bill.

"thanks." i say, and he shuts the door.

i walk back to my room, and hand eddie the clothes, pushing him in the bathroom and shutting the door.

"since when do you not want to see me naked?" he says, muffled through the door.

"shut up and put the clothes on." i say, shaking my head.

i hear him chuckle, and the sound of clothes dropping to the floor.

he emerges, his wet hair dripping down his body, and casually slips into my bed.

"so, what're we watching?" he asks, digging into my popcorn.

"texas chainsaw massacre." i say, sliding in next to him.

he nods, and starts the movie.

the tension between us is so thick you could cut it.
eddie's body heat radiates next to me, his hand barley grazing mine.
i can smell his shampoo, it fills my senses.

my fingers brush against his, and i slowly link them together.
eddie grips my hand, and stares straight ahead.

"how's your side doing?" he asks, his voice raspy.

"fine. it hurts." i say, adjusting my bandages.

"it will for a while." he said, dropping my hand.

his hand creeps up my leg, resting on my upper thigh.

"is this okay?" he asks.

"mhm." i nod.

"and this?" his mouth hovers in front of mine.

"yes." i whisper.

he plants a kiss on my lips and then pulls away, studying my reaction.

"have you simmered down yet?" he asks.

"yeah."

"so, are we back on? and i don't mean as fuck buddies. i want to date you." he says, avoiding my gaze.

"obviously ill date you, but if you ever lie to me again, i will hung you down, chop your penis off and shove it down your throat. got it?" i say, staring into his soul.

"got it." he says, with a vigorous nod.

"so, i guess we're dating."

"guess we are."