Vera Revelata

Here we go. I hope you're ready.

This chapter is dedicated to the memory of Kazuki Takahashi. May his soul rest in peace...

----------------------------------------

[(Y/N)'s POV]

MC: "What an incredible duel, ladies and gentlemen! After a stunning turnaround, the Black Rose will be moving on to the semifinals to face against one of the last remaining competitors. Now get ready because our last duel will be the Dragon Lord (Y/N) Takahashi against the infamous Commander Koda! Who will be our last semifinalist? Stay tuned to find out!"

The announcement finished playing over the intercom, but I was trying to get my mind off of that. Right now, all I cared about was that my crush was next to me. It was a good thing that I remembered to clean off the blood on me. That would have been an awkward situation. I could see the smile on her face. She has such an amazing smile. It really made her face shine like a princess's. Akiza seemed to notice me looking at her since she looked away. I swore I saw some pink on her cheeks.

Akiza: "W-What's wrong? Is there something on my face?"

(Y/N): "No. You're just really pretty."

Akiza: "You're just saying that. I'm not pretty."

(Y/N): "You are to me, my lady."

I could feel her hand tighten its grip on mine. That's when an idea popped into my head. I raised her arm up, much to her surprise, and spun her around. She yelped in shock as to what was happening until I pulled her close to me. Her chest and free hand were pressed against my own chest as I gently held her close. She looked up and I could definitely see the blush on her cheeks now. She looked so beautiful with the way the light reflected off of her chocolate brown eyes. Our faces were close to each other now. An urge started to overtake me. I wanted to feel her lips against mine. I wanted to pull her in closer. I wanted to do anything for this woman. God, this MUST be what love feels like. I could feel her pulling me closer to herself and I wasn't going to stop her. Our lips were just less than an inch apart. Just an inch till I could feel her lips on mine. We were brought back to reality with the sound of footsteps coming closer. We stepped away from each other just in time for Yusei to come around the corner.

Yusei: "Uhh... Everything okay you two?"

Akiza: "We're fine."

Yusei looked down towards Akiza's arm. She was holding her mark and the sense of pain hit me. I could tell that he was remembering what happened at the old KaibaPark. When me and Akiza first saw each other in person, and where she made her showy exit. Yusei grabbed his own arm, and to my surprise, so was I. How did I not recognize that?

Yusei: "So what's your deal with these marks of ours? When you saw mine the other day, you really freaked out."

Akiza: "Yeah, well, this mark has brought me nothing but pain. So what good can come from having another one around, you got that? It's dangerous..."

Yusei: "What about (Y/N) here? You don't seem too freaked out about having him around you, and he has a mark just like us."

Akiza: "He's the only exception to that. He gets how much pain these stupid cursed things cause us. So just keep away!"

Yusei: "But, Akiza-"

(Y/N): "Respect her choice, Yusei. You can't force her into anything."

Both Akiza and Yusei turned to look at me. Yusei sighed and nodded in his in understanding. Akiza gave me a small smile for getting Yusei to back off. I knew she wasn't comfortable about these things. That's why I have never really brought it up all that much. I'd much rather see her happy than upset. I looked up and towards the hall to see the twins running over this way. They must have been looking for me since both of them pointed at me.