chapter 12 (edited)

louis pov.
by the time we finally came back to the hotel our clothes were soaked and we were freezing. i pushed open the lobby door and thankfully it's much warmer inside. harry's hand is warm, i wouldn't let go on the way back, not that he wanted me to.

we tumble through the hotel doors head to go change. niall popped out of seemingly nowhere and pulled me back.

"i'll catch up" i promise harry. he smiles for what feels like the first time in weeks and disappears into our bedroom.

"you okay?" niall asks, looking concerned "are you and harry-" he doesn't finish and sighs heavily

i let myself smile a little "no. no we're good for now anyway"

"thank god" he says, breathing a sigh of relief "what happened?"

"i kinda flipped shit?"

niall shakes his head "you left pretty mad, was it as big blow up?"

"yeah a bit" i admitted, shuffling my feet a bit "i don't know, maybe i overreacted. but i think it might have helped"

"you think so? harry may swing back and forth for awhile. you know he can't help it"

"i know" i glanced towards the bedroom "i know, but we're working it out. i mean things are hard. things are gonna be hard. but i knew that when i got into this relationship all those years ago. and i think we both realized our relationship is super important"

"so poetic of you lou"