7

Dear Journal

I’m so scared, I have been going in circles. I went around the block like 7 times already, I don’t know what to do. I  know if he gets close the ghosts are protecting me but it’s still scary. Please someone, anyone help me, bump into me and have a random conversation with me. Right after having these thoughts Luke, Wataru’s friend bumped into me and I fell to the ground. “Perfect timing…” I whisper as he gives me his hand to help me up from the ground, “ why are you whispering?” he asks me, looking confused. “Shh…someone has been following me. I can’t go home, please help me.” He then helps me up and says “hey El sorry I wasn’t looking where I was going” after I’m off the floor we start to walk “thank you..” I said to him, “Luke,” he said to me at first I was confused but it looks like he saw I was confused and said “it’s my name, I’m Luke.” 

Dear journal 

Luke walked me to the park and we waited there until the man left, it took around 30 minutes till he left. While we waited, we ended up talking to each other and I learned he isn’t that mean like he seemed last time we met. “Let me walk you home” he says, I just nod my head yes, reason being that I don’t want to go home alone and I want to get to know him better. “Why did you run away last time we were in the park when I asked you a question?” he starts to ask questions, “I-I didn’t want anyone to get hurt and I didn’t want Wataru to hear that I was the one of the rumors” I tell him honestly. “Why? Do you like him?”, what do I say? Yes… no! Ugh! I don’t know! “Yes...but please don’t tell him!” he chuckles and then says he won’t say a word to him “Didn’t Wataru tell you that he knows your the girl from the rumors?” he keeps asking questions “yes…he did but I still don’t like that he knows, plus you were all there when Kaden died…” So after we finished talking I went inside my house and locked the doors tight, and I watched from the window as Luke walked away.

Dear journal 

I wanted to stay home because I finally got a text from my parents saying that they were coming today from their trip. But I went to school anyway, after school Wataru and his friends were waiting for me at the front gate. This time I didn’t run or try to hide, I just walked up to them and said hello. We walked away from the school and started walking towards the park, in the park I felt like someone was watching me again. I look around as if looking at the scenery and see a man, well two men to be exact they were staring right at us, I recognize one of the guys as the one who was following me before. What do they want? Why do they follow me? Looks like Luke and Wataru noticed I was frightened because they asked if I wanted to go to the arcade with them. Luke seemed to notice the guy from last time and said “are you okay? Are you being followed again?” 

Dear journal 

So Wataru told me what he has been holding back this whole time…I still can’t believe it, He reminded me that he was the one who killed Kaliey. How? Well he told me that he can hear, see and interact with ghosts too just like me but there’s a twist… he...isn’t...human. I don’t know what to say like the one guy I can talk to and I have feelings for is telling me he is not human. NOT HUMAN! Like I am freaking out, I don’t know if I should believe him or just call him crazy, well until he showed me that he was telling the truth… a bright flash of light and all of a sudden I see a dark figure and I am scared as ever more then when I see the ghosts who love haunting me. Grim…

Dear journal 

I am freaking out a boy who I believed was human just like me is not human at all! He is a freaking grim reaper…I jump up in surprise and then sit back down to try and think what I am seeing. “So you're telling me you're a grim reaper and you killed Kaliey...and it wasn’t my fault?” I say after a few minutes of me freaking out like a psycho, “yes, you didn’t kill her I did...it was her time to go anyway…it had nothing to do with you.” he replies, he turns back into human form and then we just stare at each other, after a while he sits next to me and then he starts to speak. “Ella…” he calls me names but he sounds worried, scared, I think it’s because I ain’t saying anything just staring down at my hands and then at him. “Yes?'' I finally say, but nothing he doesn’t say a word. “All those conversations we had and every time we hung out I had a fun time.” he says to me, I wanna cry but I hold myself back because I don’t want him to see me crying...not now. “I found out that you could see ghosts right after Kaliey died, but I only found out because you looked in the direction of the ghosts when the glass shattered.” he keeps talking but I can only seem to say little things like “ok, oh, and why” in my head I keep asking what about my feelings for you? Are they real? Do I tell you? Do I yell and ask why? Why did you hide that from me ? Why did you make me fall for you? I want to cry and scream but I can’t.