Chapter 8

Colten's POV.

I lay in my bed a while after Nikki and Jackson had left. I'm throwing my squishy ball in the air while laying on my back and catching it.

This is so boring. I really need to get in touch with my friends again.

Turning on the T.V I try to find something interesting to watch. And the most ironic thing happened, I turn to MTV and 'Ridiculousness' is on.

My mind wanders back to when Nikki and I would have lazy days and watch this. She would always explain to me how stupid it is, that it's not funny to see people get hurt when doing stupid things. Then she would go into a long lecture about how stupid people are for even trying these things. It brings a smile to my face, actually. Remembering the way Nikki used to rant, it was annoying as hell then, but now I wish nothing more than to be back in that time and have her in my arms.

Suddenly my phone vibrates on my bed side table and I pick it up to see Jackson's name flash across the screen. What could he want at, like, eleven at night?

"Hello?" I ask into the phone.

"Hey, I kinda need your help," his voice sounds strained. Something is definitely up.

"Sure, what is it?" I question, sitting up from my laying down position.

"My parents are back." I freeze. I couldn't have heard him right. Mr. and Mrs. Long never visit them. Jackson said that they hadn't visited since that time when they took us all to Florida. I know that Jackson is very sensitive about the subject and I actually wonder how he's holding up.

"What?"

"I said-"

"Yea, I know what you said. But why?" I furrow my eye brows in confusion and I turn the tv on mute.

"How the hell am I supposed to know?! All I know is that I walked in the house to my parents yelling 'surprise!'" Well he's definitely pissed, that much I can tell.

"What's Nikki doing?" I ask suddenly worried about her. I know her input on her parents and unfortunately she hates them just as much as Jackson does.

"She's in her room. She wanted to sleep," he explains, sighing.

"How's she holding up?"

"Not good, we didn't exactly give them the best greeting."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, it turned into a fight, as usual. Dad said things, I said things, and Nikki said things. They even had the nerve to send us to our rooms," he scoffs.

"Shit," I mutter. "Do you need a place to stay?"

"I would love to escape this hell hole, you know that man, but Nikki won't be to keen." Right, I forgot Nikki sort of hates my guts at the moment.

"Right, well you know if you need anything I'm here."

"I know, thanks man. It means a lot, I better get going. I'm tired as hell and I want nothing more than to escape this nightmare," he's breathing heavily like he could explode any second.

"Right, you do that. Bye." we bid our goodbyes and I close my eyes, inhaling deeply.

Mr. and Mrs. Long are really nice people, but you can't just leave your kids like that. I mean, they've been in and out ever since Jackson turned fourteen. It was less often then, but still. It's not like they were even working, they were out on vacation for three years doing God knows what. Jackson took it hard, having to grow up and all. He's never been able to have the full teenage experience, he needed to be there for Nikki and couldn't do what he wanted to do. It sucks.

I keep my eyes closed and before I know it I'm unconscious.

The next morning when I wake up I walk downstairs to find it empty and a note taped to the fridge.

Colten, I'm hanging out with some girlfriends today. I left you some money if you want to order anything, I won't be back until late. Have fun.
Love Mom <3

Well, at least I get the day to myself. I pour myself some cereal and begin to eat it while scrolling through my phone. Going through Instagram and such. Then a thought hits me. When Nikki and I were dating I, of course followed her, but then she unfollowed me after we broke up.

I want to see what she's been up to. I type in her username and pops up her profile picture of her and her-good-for-nothing-boyfriend, that's not the worst part...they're kissing. Why am I doing this?

I start scrolling through her pictures and the most of them are of cheerleading and Brittni, and then there's the other stuff. Which would include her and her boyfriend.

One of the pictures are at Armando's, posted on November 13. Not to long ago, actually the night I came back.

Nikki is standing on her tip-toes, her lips attached to Trevor's, what a pussy of name, his hands are on her waist, dangerously close to her ass. And then the caption is what makes me want to explode the most.

Trevor and I at Armando's for senior love! Love you baby😘❤️

Ugh! Gag, me with a fucking spoon. I continue to scroll on, but my sausage of fingers seem to want to hit the like button.

"Shit! Shit!" I shout and try to unlike it, but I just end up pressing the back space, it's already too late when Nikki comments on my like. Shit! Shit fuck! Fuck shit!

Nikki_Boo: Stalking me now, aren't you?😏

Oh fuck my life! Why did my fingers have to be so damn fat and sausage like?

Mathews_#31: I accidentally clicked that.

Nikki_Boo: sure you did you don't have to be embarrassed

Mathews_#31: oh shut up

Nikki_Boo: make me

I freeze at the message. Did she just ask me to 'make her?' I wouldn't mind, but I think her boyfriend would.

Nikki_Boo: that's not what I meant😁

Mathews_#32: whatever you say I still know where you live😉

I haven't had this much fun in three years. And now I'm more determined than ever to get her back, even if that means her cheating on her boyfriend.

So yesterday I was working on a really long chapter and then realized it was in Nikki's POV and it was Colten's POV. Ugh! So I couldn't update yesterday but here is this one.

Please keep commenting and voting it means a lot.

Enjoy. Love you all <3

Like and comment :)