Chapter 25

This may not have worked, but this is Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado! Enjoy.

Colten's POV.

I miss her. I miss her more than I've ever missed her before. Okay, maybe that's a lie, but it's close.

I'm still beating myself up over brining up Trevor after Nikki and I had sex. It was my fault that she kicked me out, and being the stupid person that I am, added fuel to the fire by saying things that weren't true.

"God, I'm stupid!" I shout, slamming my fist into my bedroom wall, creating a hole. I can't tell you how many times I've had to fix my wall due to my anger issues.

I fall back on my bed, sprawling my arms and legs across the sheets.

If I could go back and change that day, I would. Actually, I would change the day I left Nikki behind when I left for college in California.

I remember that day so vividly, the day I told her that I got excepted into Berkley and was not going to go to University Of Michigan.

I remember how broken she looked, I remember the tears that she shed. I don't deserve her tears, I don't deserve her, but I want to. I want to be able to deserve her, I have a feeling that that was my last chance, though. I won't be able to live with myself if I let her slip through my fingers again.

"Fuck it," I curse and grab my phone. I need to call her, I need to hear her angelic little voice.

"This number is no longer available." What?

"This number is no longer available." Are you fucking kidding me! She blocked me?

Damn, if this doesn't hurt.

"Hello," James answers the phone on the second ring. If Nikki won't talk to me than I'll have to find a way to get my mind off of her.

"I need a drink," I tell him, rubbing my forehead.

"You've called the right guy." James says he'll be over at my house in ten minutes with the some drinks. Luckily, my mom is working until eight tonight, so I have plenty of time to get smashed.

True to his words, James arrives ten minutes later with a gigantic paper bag and a hand cooler.

"Don't you think people are going to think something's up if you have this many things in your hands?" I ask him as I take the small cooler and head up to my room.

"They don't know what's in it," James shrugs and sits on my bed, popping open a beer. "Anyways, want to tell me what's got you begging for my assistance all of a sudden?"

"I'm not begging for your assistance," I scoff and pop open my own drink.

"Whatever you want to call me coming to your aid in a time of crisis," he rolls his eyes.

"What makes you think something happened, anyways?" I question, gulping down the foul tasting beer which I make a face at.

"Oh please, you think I don't know you, Mathews?"

"I don't know," I shrug.

"You don't usually drink unless we're at a party or something has happened to your fragile little heart," he smirks.

"James?" He nods for me to continue. "Shut the fuck up."

"What? I just want to know what's going on in that small little head of yours," he squeezes my knee. I glare at him.

"Don't ever touch me like that again, first off, and second off, why do you want to know so badly?"

"Well, I want to know what happened with you and Nikki after you two left on Friday. And I want to know why I had to bring so much alcohol to you."