Chapter 28

Okay so when I was writing the part after she got out of the shower, I was listening to Often by The Weekend and wanted to attach it to the chapter, but I couldn't find it. So if you want on your own, listen to it while reading after that part, it'll make it all the more interesting. Thanks, and enjoy my kiddies <3

"Colten," I warn. I'm silently praying that he won't tell Trevor about what really happened on Friday. I know the truth will come out eventually, I'm not that naive, but I want to keep it hidden for a little while longer.

I've just started getting things back on track with Trevor, yet I still have a huge mistake to worry about. I somehow got myself into this mess, and I'll have to get my self out.

"What?" He smiles innocently, he's trying to act like he doesn't know what I'm talking about. Anybody with eyes could see that he's obviously been planning this.

"What is he talking about, Nikki?" Trevor asks with furrowed eyebrows. Oh god. All I can see in my mind is the devastated look he'll have once he finds out the truth.

"Yeah, Nikki what were you really doing on Friday?" Colten smirks. What did I ever see in him? Oh right...everything!

"Brittni and I went to the club with my brother, no biggie," I shrug like I didn't have sex with the guy standing in front of me after. "See Colten, I wasn't hiding anything. Let's go."

I lace my fingers with Trevor's and watch as Colten's face physically falls.

"Can we leave?" I ask Trevor once we get far enough away from Colten where he won't hear.

"Sure. Do you want to come back to my house?" I'm not exactly comfortable with going over to Trevor's house, yet. See, Colten's got me all guilty for what I did and I can't even hang out with my boyfriend without feeling like he's going to find out somehow.

"That would be great," I gratefully smile, even though on the inside I'm screaming at myself to just have him take me home.

I don't bother finding Brittni and telling her I'm leaving, I'll probably get interrupted again.

The ride to Trevor's house is silent, not at all awkward, and quick. The dark scenery passes by in a blur, and I'm surprised to know not even ten minutes later, we're pulling up in his driveway.

The November air is unforgiving as I hurry into Trevor's house.

"Do you want something to wear?" I'm a bit hesitant to wear Trevor's clothing, it's the guilt.

"Yeah, thanks," I smile at him, earning a smile in return. I follow Trevor up the stairs and into his clean bedroom with dark blue walls.

He hands me a pair of grey sweats that I have to roll up three times so they don't fall down, and a Lincoln Park Football hoodie, that is like my own personal heater.

Trevor is already in a pair of basketball shorts, and a t-shirt when I get back into his room. He's laying on his back, his head propped up on a pillow with one arm under his head, and the other one switching through the channels with the remote.

I bite my bottom lip and head over to the bed where I slip under the covers that smell of him. Colten smells better. My subconscious smirks at me.

"I heard that Mrs. Mathews invited you to Thanksgiving," I say to Trevor.

I didn't believe Jackson at first that she would invite him, but when I asked her about it the other day she told me that she indeed did. I wasn't mad at her, Mrs. Mathews has been amazing throughout these last two years, she knows Trevor and likes him.