Smg4 Fanfiction: Meggy and Tari's Miracles (3/5) - Waiting

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS DESCRIPTIONS OF LABOR AND BRUEF NUDITY. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Plot: Meggy finally arrives back home where the only thing left to do was wait.

The bus was moving towards its final stop at last, meaning Meggy would be home soon.

Crouching behind one of the chair of the empty bus so the driver didn't see, she pulled her hand from her pants as she finished checking herself.

Meggy: 5cm...halfway their...

The bus started to slow down and finally came to a stop. The Babies kicks hit her even harder as she winced, hissing.

Meggy: Cmon babies, we're almost home...

Goomba: Last stop for Belmont!

She stood back up and cradled her huge belly, groaning loudly as she walked back to the front. Sweat ran down her forehead as the truth of her exhaustion finally hit her.

Meggy: Th-thanks for the lift...how much for the ride?

Goomba: For you, no charge!

She smiled at the nice Goomba before stepping off the bus, watching the bus leave and seeing her and Tari's house.

Meggy: Finally home...

Walking across the street, she grabbed her key hastily and unlocked the door as she didn't want to waste any more time.

Walking through the door, she threw the key on the side table as Tari was sitting on the couch, unaware of Meggy's state.

Tari: Meggy, are you home? You've been gone for a while, what-?

Tari's eyes went wide the moment Meggy walked in, holding her belly and sweating as it contracted under her hands.

Meggy: H-hey Tar-ohh!

Tari jumped up to grab Meggy as her knees began to shake.

Tari: Meggy! Are you in labour?! I told you not to go out today!

Meggy: Well clearly, you were right.

Tari hugged her and Meggy instantly felt her body relax, hugging her back and sharing a kiss.

Thankfully, the two of them had been preparing for this day for a long time...

(Pregnancy length: 26 weeks)

Meggy cradled her belly, looking like she was hiding a pillow underneath her sweater as she was reading some of the new parenting books.

Looking in the book, she cringed as Tari walked in the room.

Tari: Something wrong Meggy?

Meggy: Huh? Oh, sorry Tari. I'm just busy reading some of your parenting books.

Tari: Your reading my stuff? Why?

Meggy: Because I just wanted to make sure how different human pregnancies were from being an inkling.

Tari: Well, you don't have to read all that stuff!

Tari sat down on the opposite seat.

Tari: You can just talk to me.

Meggy: R-really? You know all this stuff?

Tari: Yeah. You'd be surprised how many interactive mobile games have this stuff in the dialogue.

Meggy: Alright then. (Closes book) What do I need to know?

Tari: Well first off, your babies are protected a bag of amniotic fluid. Most people call this "their water".