2. The Kingsroad

DOTHRAKI SEA

Rhaenyra, Daenerys, Viserys, Jorah, Drogo and his khalasar were travelling on horseback and on foot through grassy plains.

Rhaenyra was mounted on her horse, Silver, she remained to the side while everyone else rode on. Daenerys was by her side, looking at her younger sister in concern.

Jorah rode closer.

"You need to drink, Rhae," Daenerys told her.

Rhaenyra sighed.

"And eat," Jorah added, grabbing some food from his saddle, handing it to Rhaenyra.

"Isn't there anything else?" Rhaenyra asked

"The Dothraki have two things in abundance," Jorah answered. "Grass and horses. People can't live on grass."

Rhaenyra took a bite of the horse meat.

Daenerys looked out at the land in front of them.

"In the Shadow Lands beyond Asshai, they say there are fields of ghost grass with stalks as pale as milk that glow in the night," Jorah told them. "It murders all other grass. The Dothraki believe that one day it will cover everything, that's the way the world will end."

Rhaenyra looked at Drogo as he rode past, still raw over what happened on their wedding night.

"It'll get easier," Jorah told her.

Rhaenyra looked at Jorah before riding forward.

Daenerys and Jorah followed her.

>*~*<

The khalasar had found a place to set up camp.

Children played while the women prepared the feast and the men set up the tents.

Rhaenyra had trouble dismounting her horse.

Jorah walked closer to help her down.

Daenerys and two women named Irri and Doreah ran to Rhaenyra's side.

"Khaleesi," Irri said.

Daenerys saw Rhaenyra's hands were blistered. "Your hands."

The girls lead Rhaenyra away.

Jorah watched them leave.

Viserys walked closer.

"We're still not far from Pentos, Your Grace," Jorah told him. "Master Illyrio has extended his hospitality. You'd be more comfortable there."

"I have no interest in hospitality or comfort," Viserys replied. "I'll stay with Drogo until he fulfils his end of the bargain and I have my crown."

"As you wish, Your Grace," Jorah said.

"Well, Mormont, as brutish as this life is, I suppose it is preferable to beheading," Viserys told him. "What did Ned Stark want you for? Buying from a slaver?"

"Selling to one," Jorah replied. "Some poachers I caught on my land."

Viserys smiled. "Under my reign, you won't be punished for such nonsense. You can rest assured of that."

Viserys walked away.

>*~*<

WINTERFELL

Tyrion woke up in the stables surrounded by dogs.

The Hound and Joffrey stood outside.