8. The Pointy End

KING'S LANDING

Arya was training with Syrio in the castle, their wooden swords banging together.

"Left high, left low," Syrio instructed.

Arya moved backed as she blocked Syrio's attacks.

>*~*<

In the Throne Room, Ned's men were still fighting the City Watch and the Lannister guards. Man 1 stumbled out of the doors, severely injured before Lannister Guard 2 made him fall to the ground and slit his throat with his sword.

More of Ned's men charged towards the Lannister guards and they fought.

Lannister guard 2 swung his sword towards Man 2, who blocked with both his sword and shield before being stabbed in the stomach.

>*~*<

Arya and Syrio continued to spar.

Syrio swung his wooden sword at Arya twice before swinging it low, Arya blocked every move.

"Right low, lunge right," Syrio said.

Syrio swung his sword at Arya repeatedly.

>*~*<

Ned's Steward, Vayon Poole, was loading a cart, getting ready for departure with the help of three men.

"You break anything, the septa will have my head," Poole told them.

Lannister guards charged towards them and attacked them. Poole was stabbed with a spear. Man 1 was slashed across the stomach by a sword. A Lannister guard climbed onto the cart, killing Man 2 with a swing of his sword and another stabbed Man 3, killing him. Then they ran off.

>*~*<

Alerya, Sansa, Septa Mordane and Lyanna were walking down a hallway.

"Your sister knew perfectly well we were to leave today," Septa Mordane said. "How she could forget--"

"She didn't forget," Sansa told her. "She's with her dancing master. She's with him every morning. She always comes back with scrapes and bruises, she's so clumsy."

Alerya came to an abrupt halt. "Hush!"

They could hear the Lannisters guards fighting

"Go back to your rooms," Septa Mordane told them. "Bar the doors and do not open them for anyone you do not know."

"What is it?" Sansa asked. "What's happening?"

"Do as I told you," Septa Mordane answered. "Run!"

"Come on," Alerya said, grabbing Sansa by the hand.

Alerya, Sansa and Lyanna ran away.

Septa Mordane turned to face the Lannister guards, bravely as they arrived.

>*~*<

Syrio swung his sword at Arya twice. "Left, right." He easily disarmed her and aimed his sword at her. "Now you are dead."

"You said right," Arya told him. "But you went left."

"And now you are a dead girl," Syrio replied.

"Only 'cause you lied," Arya said.