1: A Secret of Time

COMMENT ✋🏾

COMMENT ✋🏾

This chapter is entirely rewritten on 21.09.22

"The devil is not as black as he is painted."

― Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy

(Pronunciation: Luna-err Lau-ri-arr Sai-beel)

"She was murdered."

The sound of the AC duct grows more prominent, along with the chaos that unfurls within me.

It was almost deafening, loud enough for my demons to feast on it and laugh meticulously.

I take a slow, deep breath; my lungs constricting. Blood rushes through my veins, until it beats inside my ears, its sound deafening.

"I know," I sign, my throat running dry. It is funny how something I have already known my entire life still haunts me.

"And the killer, whom do you suspect it to be?" The professor's coarse voice resonates around the room.

A question I have been searching the answer to for years.

Who killed my mother? I don't fucking know.

It is a forbidden subject, something that has always nagged me.

Who am I? Who is my mother? Where do I come from?

My questions melt into the realm of Black and white. A grey area of my memory I cannot see, nor remember.

I swallow a lump, meeting eye to eye with him. Brown eyes, balding head, a thick rimmed glass sitting on top of his burly nose. In the darkness of the room, he seems almost faceless.

"I don't know," I sign, feeling exhausted.

"Understandable," He shifts, leaning back in his chair. The small room seems smaller, even more so now that a Criminal psychology professor's sharp eyes try to dissect me.