4: The Scent of Fears

Rewritten 11

Rewritten 11.10.22

Please don't forget to comment!

Also thank you so much for your hearty comments throughout the book, especially aresestevanshoe her comments always make my day :')

Without further ado, let's proceed.

"No one thinks of how much blood it costs"- Dante Alighieri

Lunaire's POV:

"Wakie wakie.... Little luna...."

"Are you going to obey me or not?"

The phantasma of colours become murkier as scarlet seeps in the abhorrent darkness. It takes a moment for me to realise that it is indeed, as dark as it can get.

My body feels light, as if a fleeting cumulonimbus in Autumn. I shake off the fragment of the nightmare, the haze in my vision clears as my ears slowly register the continuous sound of water hitting the ground.

I realise I have been captured and a bundle of rope coils around my wrists tightly.

A musty smell wafts around the darkness, the reality of the situation starting to seep in. It's cold and dreary, plot of every crime fiction in the world.

"You are awake," I squint as a burst of light fills the room, a faint throb creeping on the back of my head.

It takes me a moment to adjust to the brightness and meet the eyes of the redhead in front of me. Her bright blue eyes pierces through me. For a moment, I feel naked.

She takes out a cigarette and lights it, taking a long drag of smoke.

"Want one?" She offers, a hint of smirk playing on her lips.

She seems to be amused by me. Like a child at a zoo entertained by the antics of something that is absolutely powerless and captive.

I nod as she presses the cigarette to my lips. I take a drag of it, the nicotine soothing my raging nerves.