Things can go smoothly right or horribly wrong

Teagan sees only darkness but hears multiple people around him, saying," Mister Blake stay with us,"

Teagan can't remember what happened to him, but as he lays on something soft and cold at the same time. Teagan could feel he is being dragged around the place. But then he hears a woman saying very softly, "Mister blake, you're going to be ok." Just like that, he couldn't hear anything else.

A few hours later, Teagan wakes up in a hospital bed; he looks around at his surroundings and sees the sun shining through the white curtains. He then notices a nurse entering the room with a platter; she places it on the table near Teagan and asks, "Are you ok sir?"

Teagan looks at the nurse and asks in confusion, "what happened?"

"Sir, I think personally you should ask doctor Palmer, but please eat something; you need it; you've lost a lot of blood", the nurse replied,

Teagan pulls the table to his reach, as the nurse walks out of the room Teagan looks at his food, an omelette with an orange and black coffee. He sighs and wipes the sleep out of his eyes. He takes the fork and begins eating the omelette, as he finishes his omelette minutes after Teagan feels unwell, he climbs out of the bed and runs to the bathroom but he didn't realise that the needles in his skin are ripped out.

He reaches the bathroom and throws up the acidic food he swallowed a couple of minutes back, he inhales and exhales very fast after each passing second. He sits on the ground and looks at the door until, a nurse rushes in, pulls him up from the ground and takes him back to his bed, they then inserts the needles back into his skin.

A few minutes later doctor Palmer a 55-year-old African American woman walks into the room with a clipboard in her hands, she greets Teagan, "Good morning mister Blake," then adds, "We thought we lost you a few minutes back."

"What is going on," Teagan asks weakly

Doctor Palmer looks at her clipboard and said, "Mister Blake, it's really hard to explain with the things we've found, first of... your blood tests is... peculiar... so we then did a ct scan and... you brain has abnormal swelling with inactive synapses activity,"

"Wait for how long was I out," Teagan asked

"Almost three days, and we are worried if you get that type of attack again, then you can go into a coma." Doctor Palmer said she continues, "we don't suspect that it's a family-related issue but there are some concerns about your health."

Teagan looks at Palmer as if she went crazy and mumbles, "Doctor, please explain."

"Mister Blake, we call it death sleep, it's were the human body goes into a so-called coma, and it doesn't wake up after the disease fully devours the nervous system."

Teagan looks at Palmer, not taking her seriously, "So wait... you THINK the disease eats my nervous system... so basically I'll be brain dead."

"Sir... it sounds impossible to be true"

"Yeah, no kidding."

"But we've sent in the blood samples to the phlebotomist, maybe they can help us."

Teagan looks at Palmer and asks, "So how many days until I'll have another of those... attack."

"I do not know, sir, but to be brutally honest, I think personally you should stay here for a while."

Teagan sighs and tilts back on the pillow looking at the ceiling. Palmer then breaks the silence by saying, "I know this isn't what you wanted sir but we can't risk anyone's life, we don't know if it's contagious."

"No, I get it," Teagan said depressingly

Palmer walks out of his room, leaving Teagan on his own. Teagan keeps on looking at the ceiling. A few minutes later, Teagan sees something on the roof; he sits on the bed and climbs on it to get closer to the odd thing on the ceiling. He noticed that it is a damp spot, he pokes the damp spot, but then he loses his balance and falls off the bed towards the floor, but then the floor breaks apart and forms darkness around Teagan. He continues to fall; while he keeps on falling, the black area breaks into pieces and reveals colourful clouds with an enlightened sky.