Before The End

Present

Teagan yells at the lady with the violet-grey bodysuit and white hair blending in with the snow. She taunts him, making more dangerous moves, twists and turns. Until Teagan makes a rational choice and tackles her off her feet, both falling on the frozen lake. Teagan quickly grabs her hand stand up, and drags her off the lake.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" The woman asks

"Do you know how dangerous that lake is," Teagan notes worriedly

The woman looked at Teagan and said, "Help me up." She hands him her hand; he takes her hand and pulls her onto her feet. She wipes the snow off her back and clothes. "Emma-Leigh, or you can just call me Emma." Guilt introduced herself and added, "Teagan can I ask why you just see this place as a dark horror scene?"

Teagan replies, "You don't know what happened here."

"I do; this place is where your guilt started. You've met Pride already and Hate. They don't have a specific location, but why do you think guilt has a specific location?"

"Because this is where it happened, where my guilt started. And no, I will not confess that I didn't kill them or failed to rescue them."

Emma-Leigh thought then, "Oh, he is that type of father."

Emma walks towards the lake and crouches on her knees, "Come look, Teagan, there is something I want to show you."

Teagan walks towards her and crouches next to her. Emma wipes away the little snow on the lake and says, "Look deeply at this piece of ice, Teagan; what do you see."

The ice begins to picture something to Teagan. That day, he lost his two sons, from how they sneaked out to how they fell into the lake. Teagan then looks away just before the picture shows him that he jumped into the lake, "Why? Why are you showing me this?" he asks and continues, "I don't need a reminder of that day. I knew exactly what happened."

Emma puts her hand on his shoulder and asks, "Do you know what happened that day?"
"Yes, they fell in the lake... and I... couldn't save them." Teagan answers

Emma sighs and replies, "No, Teagan, that is not what happened, they sneaked out and died because it was their time, meaning they did their duties to the world, and another reason why they sneaked out is that they didn't want to be with the family anymore, Caleb said goodbye to Britney with his final words and breath. I know it's hard to believe, but you don't know why you are here; you were just pushed into your alter ego world."

Teagan looks at Emma and asks, annoyed, "Then why am I here to confess things and just go on with my life, to punish me because I had sins over Pride and Hate."

"No, Teagan." Emma answers and adds, "You have been sent here for a reason. I can't tell you what the reason is- "

"And why so?" Teagan cuts her off

"I was told so, or maybe I needed to follow the instructions I was given. Let's go inside; we are done here outside." Emma notes; she stands up from the ground and walks back to the cabin. Teagan followed her up the stairs they went and into the house. Emma looks at Teagan and says, "Ok, I am going to show you something, but then you have to agree that you will look through each memory passing by, ok."

Teagan sighs and responds, "Fine."

Emma opens her hands, and a few sparkling golds come out of her hands, she closes her hands, and Teagan asks, "What now?"

"Just wait."

A few seconds later, a very young Jacob walks into the room. The memory of Jacob didn't have any colour except a golden sparkle. Teagan feels his heart sinking over the sadness, and tears form in his eyes. And just like that, the young Jacob walks into the living room where the two stand. After the boy sits on the couch another boy comes out running towards Jacob in the living room, "Caleb." Teagan said.

The two sparkling golden boys stop moving then Emma and Teagan are met with the child versions of the two sitting at the dining table with their tiny sister, all three laughings and teasing one another. Teagan walks up to the dining room and smiles until the memory stops and the teenage versions of the three having fun and having the best of smiles. Then the memory stops. Teagan walks to the two boys and starts to tear up. "I've never seen them so happy," Teagan notes.

Emma sighs and replies, "Teagan, those are genuine smiles; they don't have something to hide from you. These are the happy memories these children have of each other. Britney was closest to them and no one else; she would've to sacrifice her life so that no one can harm them."

"Why do I feel these happy memories have something to hide," Teagan suggests

"Because they do, every happy memory has its downgrades. Or it's like when you open a door, another opens."

The gold-sparkling children vanished then Emma said, "This is the opposite of their smiles."

Before Emma wanted to show Teagan the dark memories, the area and surroundings began to shake severely. It shook the two off their feet, the lights in the cabin flickered, and the dust fell from the ceiling. The lake from outside broke and revealed the water, the balcony started to shift places, and the glass sliding door cracked. Catching their breaths, Teagan asks, "What was that."

Until the two heard a continuous beeping sound, like a machine trying to work but couldn't. Teagan stood up from the ground, as did Emma. He hears voices and walks towards the main bedroom until he sees himself lying in bed with a life support machine on the right side of the bed. He then noticed a doctor appears next to him, trying to save him. Teagan turns around, facing Emma, until she says, "Teagan, you do not have much time left; you'll need to make a choice soon."