The Devil In Vegas

Britney sits in the waiting room waiting for the doctor. Her hair is loose and she had dark rings around her eyes. Doctor Palmer approached Britney in the waiting room and informs her, "Britney you should go home it's been two days, you need some rest"

"I am not going home until I know my father is safe," Britney mutters

"Britney, as a doctor it's best for you to go home and get some sleep please."

Britney said nothing, "Why... why don't you trust us?" Doctor Palmer asks, Britney looks at the doctor, "It's not that I don't trust you." 

"Britney, your father, will be in excellent care... if you care so much for him... then you should go home and take care of yourself." Palmer suggests. 

Britney sighs and looks at the ground in silence, Palmer then breaks the silence by asking," does your mother know you are here?" nothing from Britney, Palmer sighs and says,  "ok this is how it'll go down: I'll take you back home and you promise me you'll get rest... ok."

Britney nods and looks at Palmer, she stands up from the chair takes her phone and puts it in her bag hanging from her shoulder. Palmer and Britney walks to the elevator and presses the down button. The two walks into the elevator and wait for the doors to close, Palmer press the ground floor button and noticed that the elevator going down. Floor by floor the elevator goes until the they hear a ding sound. The steel doors open, and they walk out of the elevator through the halls and exited the hospital building.

They reach Palmers car and they climb in, Britney in the passenger seat and Palmer in the driver's seat. Palmer starts the car pulls on her safety belt and drives out of the hospital parking area. As she drives through the streets, she looks at Britney worried then back at the road.

A few minutes later, Palmer stops the car in front of a modern hotel. Palmer climbs out of the car closes the door and walks around the car to Britney's side. She opens the door and sees the bleak face climbing out. Palmer closes the door and walks with Britney into the entrance. As they walk into the entrance, they walk straight to the elevator. 

"On what floor is your mother's apartment?" Palmer ask. 

Britney swallows and replies, "Floor forty-one."

Palmer presses the number forty-one and watches the steel doors close. Seconds later the elevator stops and the doors open. The two walk out and are blown away by the red carpet and white walls with paintings hanging making the walls look busy. Palmer and Britney walks out of the elevator and to the left. The two reachs a white wooden door, Palmer rings the bell nothing, she rings the bell again and still nothing until she knocks and it swings open, Mia with a robe standing in the doorway. Palmer's eyes wonder why Mia is in a robe.

"Oh my gosh, Britney I've been worried sick!" Mia exclaimed worriedly

"Mom... stop with the act," Britney replied tiredly

"Thank you Doctor, for bringing back my child," Mia said

"Um, miss Santiago didn't you know Britney was at the hospital?" Palmer asks with suspicion

"No I tried calling her but her phone was at home."

Palmer knows Mia lied straight in her face because she knows Britney took her phone back at the hospital.

"But anyways, thank you again for Britney's safe return-" Mia is then cut off by Palmer with a rude tone of voice, "Or what you're going to sue and get a restraining order against me just like your husband, miss Santiago?"

Mia is speechless but then before she could say a word Palmer blasts Mia again, "And listen very carefully miss Santiago I am not your husband, I do not take shit from people like you, I have lives to save and all that I know so far is that this teen right here is petrified over her father's life, so do not lie in my face and think you can get away with it, do I make myself clear miss Santiago?"