Part 1 - The Flower Shop

June 14th 2021

Dear diary, today I have been yet again unsuccessful in my mission to find The Chosen Four. I have searched, I've searched so far and wide, travelling all over the world, to America, Russia, the Middle East and still haven't found anyone who indicates to me that they're extra-ordinary. I have tried so hard not to lose hope but after searching high and low for over 60 years and still ending up with nothing, it's hard to keep in high spirits. I'm starting to wonder if these almighty females that will rise up and save the world from the darkness even exist. Perhaps it was just a legend we were told so we wouldn't be afraid of the doomsday that is coming. Although I have my doubts, I promised my coven that I would find them and I will honour they're dying wish. Hopefully tomorrow brings something better.

Elizabeth closed her diary, turned of her reading light and drifted off to sleep.

The next morning she awakened, startled by her barking dog after a handwritten note is posted through her front door. This confused Elizabeth as she had no friends, no family, she had just returned back to London and nobody knew her address. Who and why did someone send me this? She thought.

Elizabeth took a seat at her kitchen table, with a cup of tea in her right hand and the suspicious letter in her left, she started to read.

"To Elizabeth, come to flower shop on Park Street today, between Ten and three, ask for Amber."

Elizabeth was taken aback by the letter. Who is Amber? How did she know Elizabeth? And how did she get her address? So many questions that had to be answered, so she decided she would find out and do what the letter had asked and she got ready to go to the flower shop.

Elizabeth's taxi turned into Park Street, further up she spotted a middle aged lady putting out a display of flowers in front of a window. That's the shop, she thought. She walked up to the woman and introduced herself.

"Hello, I'm Elizabeth, I'm looking for an Amber." She said.

"She's in there, if she's not at the till she'll be out back, just ring the bell." The woman replies.

"Thank you." Elizabeth said smiling.

She entered the shop and didn't see anybody at first but after a second a young woman, who doesn't look much older than 25, walked into the room. The girl stopped in her tracks, with a shocked expression on her face.

"Can I help you?" She said reluctantly.

"Yes actually, I'm looking for an Amber, I'm assuming she is the one who posted this letter to me early this morning." Said Elizabeth as she handed the girl the paper.

"I'm Amber, I must've mixed up the addresses, this was meant for someone else, I'm sorry for your wasted journey." The girl said slightly flustered.

"But it had my name on it." Said Elizabeth.

"Coincidence, lots of people are called Elizabeth."Amber said.

Elizabeth could feel an energy coming from the girl, an energy she hadn't felt before, it was similar to the energies she felt from her sister witches when she was at the coven but this energy was much stronger. Could this be one of The Chosen Four she thought.

"I think your lying, I think you did post this letter through my door for me, and I'd like to know why?" Elizabeth said.

Amber looked at Elizabeth in silence as she debated with herself whether to tell her anything. Amber didn't want too but she had an overwhelming feeling like something was pushing her to speak.

"You'd never believe me." She said.

"Try me." Said Elizabeth.

Amber took Elizabeth to the back of the shop to talk, she didn't want anyone else to hear what she was about to say.

"I posted this letter. It was intended for you." Said Amber.

"Why me?" Asked Elizabeth.

Amber ignores her question.

"I have dreams. The weirdest dreams, the same dreams all the time. I dream that I'm powerful that I can grow flowers and trees. In my dreams animals walk beside me like faithful companions and it all feels so real." Amber said.

"That sounds wonderful." Elizabeth said.

"Oh it is but...then the nightmares come. One minute I'm in my Forrest paradise and then a dark mist seeps through the trees and the grass, everything it passes through decays. I watch my flowers die, I watch my animals die and eventually it kills me too, I wake up sudden and breathless, it's becoming quite a problem." Said Amber as she looks at Elizabeth fearfully.

"I can imagine that's frightening, especially given how real it feels for you, but why me? Why did you come to me? Why not go to a doctor or  a psychologist?" Asked Elizabeth.

"After I had that same nightmare again last night, I managed to go back to sleep but I had a new dream. I was in a church and there was a group of women there, they were all dressed in black. They told to me to write the letter, they told me your address, they showed me you, they said you could help me. You must think I'm crazy." Amber said.

Elizabeth looked in disbelief, she looked like she had seen a ghost. It took her a moment to reply.

"I think I know what's happening to you. I know that church and those women that appeared to you in your dream. I don't think your crazy, I think your one of The Chosen Four."