Part 5 - The Girl In Blue

Elizabeth and Amber came off the plane after a long journey and they where finally in Perth. The two women got in a taxi and found a hotel to stay at, close to the beach.

Amber stared out the window of the the hotel room looking at the the stars in the night sky, whilst Elizabeth unpacked some of her things.

"I feel like whoever this girl is, she's close. I don't know why but I just have a feeling." Amber said.

"We will go to the beach tomorrow and spend the day looking around, you will know it's her when you see her, a witch can always tell when she has found a fellow sister." Elizabeth said.

They both got into bed and started to wind down for the night.

"Get plenty of rest, tomorrow will be a long day." Elizabeth said.

"You don't suppose I got it wrong do you, what if she isn't here and this has just been a big waste of time?" Amber asked.

"I don't doubt you. Your capable of great things. But if she's not here then that's okay, a bump in the road. I have been searching for so long and always come up with nothing so any lead I find, big or small, it's worth chasing up." Replied Elizabeth.

The two smiled, wished each other good night and fell to sleep.

The next morning they woke up. Elizabeth arouse first followed by Amber who awakened shaken by a nightmare.

"Are you okay?" Elizabeth asked and she ran out of the bathroom with her toothbrush in her hand.

"Yes I'm fine. Just another bad dream. I kept seeing the most terrifying faces over and over and they were cackling." Amber replied.

"The residents of hell, getting inside your head, just trying to frighten you that's all, they want to make you weak, they can't hurt you." Elizabeth said.

"Yeah, I suppose not." Said Amber as she tried to catch her breath.

They both got ready and headed to the beach in hopes of finding the next girl.

They walked along the coast, looking eagle eyed, observing everyone and everything around them.

"I think we should split up, so we can cover more ground quicker, call me if you need me." Elizabeth said.

They both headed off in opposite directions.

Amber walked along the seashore for a while, eventually stopping to sit down. She buried her feet in the sand and looked out at the beautiful ocean in front of her.

"Where are you?" She whispered to herself.

She closed her eyes and listened to the sound of the crashing waves.

Just then she felt a breeze on the right side of her body, she looked and saw a blonde girl run past her with a surfing board tucked under her arm.

Amber gasped as she realised it was the girl from her vision. She immediately called Elizabeth.

"She's here! She's surfing!" Amber said excitedly.

She watched from a distance, keeping an eye on the girl as Elizabeth made her way back down the beach. Amber was impressed by the girls surfing, it was almost like the water was moving to her rhythm.

"Which one?" Asked Elizabeth breathless from running.

"The blonde one, the girl in blue." Amber said pointing.

"Ah yes. Come on we need to talk to her." Said Elizabeth as she walked towards the water.

"Well what are you gonna say?" Amber asked.

"I'm gonna tell her what I told you." Elizabeth replied.

"What? No you can't she'll think your crazy! Let me talk to her." Said Amber.

They walked up to the sea as the girl came paddling into land on her surf board with a huge smile on her face.

"Your brilliant on that!" Amber said.

"Thank you!" I've been surfing all my life, it's comes quite natural to me. You don't sound like your from around here." The girl said in a thick Australian accent.

"No, I'm from London, I'm Amber and this is my friend, Elizabeth." She said.

"Nice to meet you guys, I'm Hayley." She said as she extended her hand for a handshake.

"We were looking for you actually." Elizabeth said.

"Me? What for?" Hayley asked.

"I think what Elizabeth meant is looking for someone who is good at surfing, we'd love for someone to teach us." Amber said.

"Well I can show you the basics if you like?" Hayley asked.

"Well I think right now I'm going to stay on dry land, it's been a long day, but Amber can still join you." Elizabeth said.

"Sure sounds like fun." Amber said putting on a brave face.

Amber went into the water with Hayley as she started to teach her the first steps to surfing. Eventually Amber was able to stand up, balancing sturdy on her board. The girls laughed with one another like they had known each other forever and they immediately made a connection.

All of a sudden the sky began to turn grey and cloudy and a huge wave came and knocked Amber of her surfboard, dragging her under into the water. Hayley immediately swam down to rescue her. She moved like a mermaid, it was almost like the strong water wasn't effecting her like it would anyone else.

Hayley managed to bring Amber back up to the surface. She dragged her onto the beach and laid her flat on her back, but Amber wasn't breathing. Elizabeth came running over and started to perform mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, but it wasn't working. Hayley stood with her hands covering her mouth, traumatised at what had just happened. Elizabeth gave up on the mouth-to-mouth technique and tried something else. She put both her hands on Amber's head and started chanting a spell in Latin.

Hayley looked on confused and a little scared. Amber began coughing up water and trembling from the shock of drowning.

"Are you okay darling?" Elizabeth asked.

"Yeah, I'm okay now." Amber replied breathless.

"Does someone want to tell me what just happened?" Hayley said with great confusion.

"I helped her. My way. Now I need to get her back to the hotel, but you know what you just saw and heard, so if you'd like to know more come to room 36 tonight at The Sunrise Inn." Elizabeth says looking at Hayley directly in the eyes.

Hayley watched on as Elizabeth and Amber walked away arm in arm and she knew after what she had just witnessed she had to know more.