Part 3 - Open Your Mind

Elizabeth returned home and she was filled with so much emotion. She couldn't believe that she had finally found one of The Chosen Four. She went upstairs to her study room to prepare for Ambers arrival.

A few hours later there was a knock at the door, Elizabeth opened it to find Amber waiting on the door step looking very hesitant.

"Come in, don't worry I won't bite." She said.

"This is a nice house, it's huge, do you have a big family?" Amber asked.

"No actually, just me...this way."  Says Elizabeth as she guides Amber upstairs to the study.

They came to a door with multiple locks on it, Elizabeth unlocked them all one by one and they went inside. What Amber saw blew her away. There was multiple books scattered on a desk that had the the word "spells" written on them, there's were crystals, candles and herbs on a shelf in the corner, near it stood a large black cauldron.

"Oh my god! This is your study room?" Amber asked giving a look of surprise.

Elizabeth chuckled.

"Yes. This is where you will learn to use and control your powers, like I did, like many before you did." She said.

"Powers?" Amber asked.

Elizabeth smiled at her and took a seat at one of the desks. She pushed out a chair for Amber to sit down and began to speak.

"The house is so big because it used to be a school. It was a school for girls. Girls like us who are blessed with magical abilities." She said.

"Witches?" Amber asked with wide eyes.

"Exactly. Many years ago this house was full of them, but in the early 40's during the blitz, a German bomb was dropped on our home. They all died, all apart from me."
Elizabeth said looking sorrowful as she handed Amber a picture of the coven, dated 1941, with a young Elizabeth standing with her sister witches.

"1941? You should be over 80 years old you only look 40!" Said Amber.

Elizabeth winked at her.

"Those are the women who spoke to me in my dream!" Amber exclaims, pointing to the witches on the photo."

"I thought they might've been, even beyond the grave they're still helping me." Elizabeth says grinning.

Amber rubbed her knees and took a breath.

"So I'm a witch." She said.

Elizabeth leaned in close to Amber and looked into her eyes.

"Right now, yes, but if you are able to do what the prophecy reads, my darling, you will become a goddess." She said.

They both smiled.

Elizabeth stood up and began to walk across the room.

"Your element is earth, you embody nature. In your dreams you say you grow things, so let's give it a try, we'll start of small." She said.

She opened a cupboard, rummaged through it and pulled out a plant pot.

"Come on we'll go outside, it'll heighten your energies." Elizabeth said to Amber.

They went outside into the garden, the sun was shining and the sky was clear. Elizabeth went into her green house and started to put seeds and compost into the plant pot, she came out and placed it in on the ground in front of Amber.

"Grow the flowers." She said.

"How?" Asked Amber.

"Focus on the soil and imagine flowers blooming in front of you." Elizabeth said.

Amber looked at the plant pot, she stared at the soil and she tried to grow the flowers but nothing happened.

"More intent. Breathe deep. Feel the sun on your skin, listen to the the birds in the trees , smell the grass and the summer air, open your mind." Elizabeth said.

Amber breathed in the summer air and closed her eyes. She envisioned the seeds sprouting and the roots spreading. She felt the warmth of the sun on the side of her face. She knelt to the ground and hovered her hand over the plant pot. Suddenly green leaves began to come up through the compost and bright multicoloured petunias blossomed. Amber opened her eyes and much to her amazement, there was a pot full of beautiful flowers right in front of her.

"Did I do that?" She asks.

"Yes. Yes you did, well done!" Elizabeth said with tears of joy in her eyes.

They hugged each other in celebration and smiled looking at the petunias.

"I'm sorry I'm so emotional, it's just been so long since I've had another witch by my side, I was starting feel like I was the last one." Said Elizabeth.

Amber looked at Elizabeth with a huge smile on her face.

"I'm so glad I found you." She said.

"I feel the same! Now I can see how powerful you are, I think I know a way we can find the others, but it all depends on you, are you in?" Asked Elizabeth.

"Of course, let's find them." Amber replied.