𝟎𝟎|𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐞

𝐙𝐞𝐫𝐨⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊

tw; attempted suicide, blood, asshole parents and implied drug use.

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊ ¤ ❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 his untimely death ( contrary to what he would like to think because he believed his death was long overdue), Elias sat on the lid of his toilet and glared at the pristine, ceramic bathtub, watching it slowly filling up with ice cold water as hot, angry tears stung his eyes.

Elias was only fourteen at the time, and his sanity was already tearing apart at the seams. He thought it was funny, almost ironic in a way, that he was locked up in his bathroom, resigning his will to live while his peers were getting shitfaced at a party somewhere because it was Halloween.

After he got into the tub, after he took a razor to his wrists, Elias became numb. He sat so very still, watching with an almost fascinated look to his eye as crimson slowly dripped from the gaping slits on his wrists.

Life was slowly ebbing away from him, and all he could feel was absolute contentment.

He woke up in a hospital room four days later.

No one was by his side when he opened his eyes, and while it took some time for him to gather his bearings and remember what brought him there, he laughed weakly and bitterly.

Typical, he had thought. Of course they wouldn't care enough to be here.

Elias cursed whoever found him in the bathroom that night, and he never found out who it was because his mother forbade him from ever speaking word of it.

The day he got discharged, his mother roughly grabbed his face in between the soft palms of her hands and looked at him dead in the eye when he got into the car. There was no worry, no love in her icy eyes as she glared at him. Only pure, unadulterated fury.

"If you ever  try to do that again," she had hissed at him venomously. "I will make you regret the day you were born."

Too late for that, he'd thought wryly, his face carefully blank to show nothing of what he was feeling.

His parents said he was seeking attention. Said he needed to grow up and learn that the world didn't revolve around him and his non existent problems. We give you everything you could ever want, his father had said to him. This phase of yours is foolish. Nothing is wrong with you, so stop this nonsense.

Elias wished that was the truth. He wished he could believe that there was nothing wrong with him, but he was too fucked up in the head for that. And no one, absolutely no one seemed to know or care.

Two weeks later, he was back in school. He wore long sleeved sweaters and black wrist bands to hide the cuts, wore a smile on his face when he lied to everyone that he missed three weeks of school because of family matters across the country, studied faithfully, practiced basketball regularly, got himself a girlfriend even.

No one knew, no one suspected that the Elias Hawthorne was tired of living, tired of everything. Because he was a Hawthorne, and Hawthorne's were nothing if not perfect.