𝟎𝟒| 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐒𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐧;𝐄𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐬 𝐇𝐚𝐰𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐞

𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫⊰᯽⊱┈──( "𝑀𝑎𝑚𝑚𝑎 𝑀𝑖𝑎! 𝐻𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝐼 𝑔𝑜 𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑖𝑛.")

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊ ¤ ❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐄𝐒. 𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐒. 𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐈𝐄𝐋𝐃𝐒. 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐃.

Carnage is all around him. Crushed cars. Crumbling buildings. Mangled bodies. Souls ripped out from them like they absolutely mean nothing. He sees red, red, red, red and only red, and it makes his head hurt.

The Monster looms over everything, something that was once human, but is now not, something that taints the air, the earth, the sky with its poisonous aura. Wrinkled skin, malice and evil glinting in its soulless eyes, cruelty permanent at the lilted corner of its lips. Something grotesque, impure, so toxic in every way possible that it seeps into his very bones. It laughs, a low and guttural sound, as inhuman as its very appearance, and red lightning explodes in the bloody sky.

His heart gives a harsh lurch, and he falls to his knees. Liquid fills his mouth, and it's inky when it spills violently from his lips. A hand touches his head, and he heaves more fervently.

And suddenly, there's red on his hands, red on his knees and the nauseating smell of iron fills his nose. He looks up with a startled gasp, and across from him, stands a young boy. He sees the boy, but the boy doesn’t see him. His name is a heavy weight on his numb tongue, but he can't say it no matter how much he wants to.

"Hello?!" The boy calls out, and he's terrified. "Hello?! Can anyone hear me?!"

The boy spins and spins in circles, seeking escape from this hell, and he sympathises with him,  because he knows there is no escape. The boy cries, and he nearly does so too. "Mom?! Mom, help me! Please!"

Then, the boy shrivels to dust, and blows in the wind like he's nothing

The hand on his head grabs his neck, and it heaves him up to his feet.

And he's standing knee deep in the blood of everyone he loves.

The Monster forces him to look at its horrifying visage, and he tries to cry out, to yank its grip off of him, but everything in his body shuts down.

The Monster grins. "We are everything," it says in its bone chilling voice. "And everything is us."

It lets go of him, and he falls and falls and falls into the darkness.

《☆》

Despite it all, Elias was sure that Hannah Daniels was his best friend.

She didn't know him in the way best friends did, but she genuinely cared for him, and to be honest? That's all that mattered. Elias didn't think she was the type of person to be shallow enough to dislike someone once she saw a side of them she wasn't used to, something so terrible, ugly, because that just wasn't who she was.

Hannah trusted him with many things, like the fact that her parents were on the verge of a divorce because they just didn't love each other anymore, or the fact that she had an older brother who was kicked out of the Daniels household when he came out at seventeen years old, the fact that she didn't care whether her brother was gay or not, just that she missed him and wanted him back in her life, the fact that she didn't want to to study accounting like her parents expected her to, the fact that she had a beautiful singing voice, and that she wanted to be singer even thought the chances of it happening were close to none– or so she believed.