𝟎𝟖|𝐁𝐨𝐛 𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐛𝐲; 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐮𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨

𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 ⊰᯽⊱┈──("𝑆𝑜 𝑔𝑙𝑎𝑑 𝑤𝑒'𝑣𝑒 𝑎𝑙𝑚𝑜𝑠𝑡 𝑚𝑎𝑑𝑒 𝑖𝑡, 𝑠𝑜 𝑠𝑎𝑑 𝑡𝒉𝑒𝑦 𝒉𝑎𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑓𝑎𝑑𝑒 𝑖𝑡.")

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊ ¤ ❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐎𝐒 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 they came back. The horrible cacophony of noises was almost too much for Elias to handle—the terrified screams, the screeching and growling and roaring of car engines. He almost didn't notice when Jonathan's car came speeding towards them after a little while.

Elias spotted the headlights of two more vehicles behind the small beat up car. Jonathan didn't stop for them, and he instead drove past them in a frenzy.

The next vehicle pulled over, and really, at this point, Elias wasn't even surprised surprised see that it was the Chief's truck. The man himself was dressed in scrubs, and he looked out of the open window on the passenger seat—where a horrified looking girl was seated, and Elias remembered her from the night in his backyard—and beckoned them in with a frantic wave of his hand. "Let's go! Let's go!"

They let the kids scramble in first, amidst their panicked shouts of 'Go! Go! Go!' and 'Jenny?!What the hell were you doing in there?!' Steve went in after them, and the truck was full. Hopper looked at the three remaining teenagers. "Get in the next car," he ordered them, and then he drove off.

The next vehicle was a new looking station wagon. At the driver's seat was a black haired woman, and she frowned when she noticed them. At the passenger seat...was his father. Great.

Elias's heart turned cold when Taejin's rigid eyes met his, but before anyone could get a word in, Bridget quickly opened door to the backseat and got in. Yoshi and Elias followed after her and the woman drove off.

Taejin was looking at him like all his worst nightmares had come true—which might as well have been the case considering what happened in the past few hours—and the blood staining his face and white dust coat and shirt scared Elias more than any consequences that could come from this.

"Are you hurt?" He found himself asking.

Taejin's eyes sank shut and he sighed deeply, and he suddenly looked like all the world's burdens were weighing down on his shoulders. "Of course not," he replied gruffly.

"Did anyone get left behind?" Yoshi cut in, his voice shaking. "There was a thirteen year old boy. Black hair, asian? Did he make it out?"

Elias saw the woman's face tense from the rear view mirror, and her eyes flit to his father momentarily. "He's... fine. He made it out," she answered.

Yoshi exhaled deeply, like he wasn't breathing properly until he heard that. "Oh, thank god," he mumbled as he leaned back into the seat.

"Don't follow them. Take us home,"  Taejin spoke to the woman. She looked at him for a second, and her gaze was downright foul.

"Take you home? My so–" she paused and glanced at Elias through the mirror, as if she realised he could understand what she was saying. "You know I can't do that, Taejin. You won’t force me."

Elias felt like he shouldn't have been listening in to that conversation, so he tried to look away and he found Bridget and Yoshi looking at him in confusion. 'What are they saying?' Yoshi mouthed to him, and Elias shrugged, because he although he understood the words, he didn't understand the context behind them enough to explain.

"We've done our part to help them, so I'm saying we leave. Don't fight me on this, Yunha," Taejin insited.