✾ᴘᴀʀᴛ 𝟷𝟼✾

✾━━━━━━━━✾━━━━━━━━✾

✾━━━━━━━━✾━━━━━━━━✾

Daria awakened by the loud pounding on her bedroom door.

"Jesus Christ. I'm coming!" She shouted to the troublemaker as she sat up in bed and massaged her temples, which were pounding from the alcohol of the night before.

Quickly she tried to tame her hair sticking wildly from her head with a hair tie she always wore around her wrist before making her way to the room's door.

"I swear to you if the world isn't ending or someone has died then I'm going to kill you." She hissed as she opened the door to find her best friend Ramona standing in front of it.

"Drama queen." Ramona replied as she pushed past Daria and flopped down on the bed as usual.

Daria just rolled her eyes over.
After taking three deep breaths and inwardly preparing herself to get squeezed like a lemon by Ramona, she turned to face her and saw her best friend eyeing her up and down.

"You're not serious, are you?"

"What?"

"This." Ramona waved her hand up and down, aimed at Daria.

"And what is this?"

"I wouldn't have guessed you, the Daria I know, to be wearing a pair of fluffy teddy bear print pajamas to sleep in."

Daria looked down at herself and felt the fluffy warm fabric between her fingers as she stroked up and down her top.

"This one's warm. What's your problem? You know what? I don't even want to know, what I do want to know is why you're lying in my bed so early after yesterday and getting on my nerves?"

While Ramona continued to watch her and her pajamas, which were, in her eyes, everyone's dream, she looked in the black dresser opposite her bed for a tea and started the kettle.

Besides the watercolors, Bucky had also gotten her a kettle for her room a few months ago, as Daria literally had an obsession with the dried herbs and flowers.

That morning she decided to make a tea consisting of hibiscus flowers. The sour taste she emphasized with a slice of lemon, which she also added to the hot brew, and a small spoonful of honey provided some sweetness.

"So actually I just wanted to know what else was going on between you and James yesterday?" Ramona winked mischievously at her as she accepted the cup Daria handed her.

"Nothing, what should have been?"

"Oh come on 'Ms. I drown in his eyes as soon as he talks to me' don't lie to me."

"I'm not lying to you, and I'm not drowning in his eyes either." Daria replied.

She knew she was getting lost in his eyes every time he looked at her, but she didn't realize that others would notice it too.