Ch 6: Cocaine Corruption

Your P.O.V.

It's been a couple of days since me and The Vipers took Bellaire's. And to say things were good would sum it up pretty good. We had control over half of Harlem's criminal operations and had some decent money coming in. Both from the nightclub and our protection rackets we set up. And I was surprised that we were able to do so much in just a week too.

At the moment, I was happy that we were making a difference. The people were starting to actually see we were there to help. We had a bunch of new recruits and had enough guns for the fight against Garcia and Los Diablos. And we were definitely going to need all the help we could get. Because I knew Garcia would want to keep the rest of his operations under his control.

Right now, it was the middle of the day and I was at the club. It was pretty quiet at the moment as the employees were getting it ready for later. And I was up in the managers office waiting for Jason to show up. He called me not to long ago to tell me he had news about Garcia and his drug operation. And after a bit of waiting, Jason came in and handed me a photo of some Latino man in his late twenty's.

Y/n: Who is this?

Jason: Rico Mendoza, he's the one who's running Garcia's cocaine production.

Y/n: Meaning all of the drug dealers in Harlem kick up to him too.

Jason: Yeah, and from what I've learned, he's trying to get everyone hooked up on cocaine.

Y/n: Mother fucker. I'll be damned if these bastards keep pumping coke out on the streets. You know where he's got his main drug lab set up?

Jason: Not yet, but luckily, I was able to find some drug labs that are set up around Harlem. And I'm thinking if we take them, it'll cause a huge loss in Los Diablos cocaine production.

Y/n: And then we'll be able to find out where his main drug lab is, and take it over too.

Jason: Exactly.

Y/n: So do you got any ideas on where we should start?

Jason: Yeah, there's one in a building on the corner of Lexington Avenue and 125th Street. It's a two story building with a shop on the first floor and a living area on the second.

Y/n: You know how many guards are going to be there?

Jason: It'll probably be about a dozen guys, give or take. Garcia isn't going to want to lose control of what's left of his operations here.

Y/n: Thanks Jason, keep me updated.

So with that, I started walking over to Lexington Avenue. I knew it would take a little while, but I didn't want to draw any unwanted attention. After all that's happened recently, Garcia was going to want my head. Granted, he didn't know what I looked like, but still. I knew he was going to want to have my head on a pike, both literally and figuratively.

And let's not forget that the police are likely to get involved too. Of course, I did have some concerns about the cops. They were likely trying to get some sort of info on me and The Vipers. And I knew they'd be a problem if I didn't get a few bought off. Which had lead me to Los Diablos and its cocaine racket.

I wasn't going to sell coke, instead I would sell weed. After all, marijuana is far less dangerous than cocaine is, but just as addictive. So I knew there was less chances of overdosing on weed than cocaine. Plus I could us some of the cash to invest into a couple of other businesses. And it would also help in getting some cops on the payroll too.

After a while, I finally found the I was at Lexington Avenue and 125th Street. Luckily, there was just one building that fit the description that Jason gave me. And it just so happened that I was right across the street from it. So I made my way over and went inside to find out it was a bakery. It made sense, after all, who was going to look for a drug lab in a local bakery?