Ch 19. Always Bet On Black

Your P.O.V.

It's been a few days since I took over the Whole Foods market. And I was surprised at all the money that the place was bringing in. Not only that, but there was a ton of information on Lucky's operation there too. It turned out the guy running the market knew where every major gambling den was. Of course, I took the chance to sending the crew to take over each den. And I knew that Lucky had to be feeling the loss of money at this point.

Each gambling den was a big money maker for Lucky. And they were all hidden in places that no one would have suspected. One of them was even hidden in the basement of a local art gallery too. Plus they had some very high-class clients coming and going. All of which was ranging from politicians to corporate Ceo's. And let's just say that most of them had some very deep pockets. All the while, Lucky was most likely shitting himself with the loss of his casinos.

Honestly, I figured there was a joke in there somewhere. You know, about how Harold Williams luck was finally starting to run out. I knew he was trying to find some way out of his current situation. Though a thought did come to mind, what would happen with Malcolm? The guy was probably still scared shitless about Lucky. So I decided is was best to go and pay a visit to Malcolm.

So I made my way to The Mermaid Inn to try and find Malcolm. Once I got there, I saw Malcolm over in the corner booth again. And this time, he seemed to bit in a little better shape then before. Especially since it looked like he didn't get much sleep when I first met the guy. With that out of the way, I was hoping he had info on Lucky. I mean, between me killing his men and taking his casinos, Lucky's gotta be running out of options. So once I sat down, Malcolm seemed glad to see me.

Malcom: Man, it's good to see you after everything you've done.

Y/n: Really?

Malcom: Yeah! Word on the street is that it's not safe to be working for Lucky or The Kobra Kings. And I hear that Lucky is having a tough time with bringing in money to kick up too.

Y/n: Well, when you have to pay up to someone but don't have the money, it'll light a fire under your ass.

Malcolm: That's true. Now look, from what I heard, Lucky is panicking really bad right now. With you hitting him left and right, he's gone running back to his sports gym with the rest of his men.

Y/n: And I'm guessing King isn't to happy with him right now?

Malcolm: Yeah, it's kind of a third strike and you're dead situation. Which is why he's got his gym locked down and is trying to get his customers back. So I think now would be a good time to go pay him a visit.

Y/n: I'll do that. And Malcolm, it's best you stop gambling, you'll live longer that way.

Malcolm: Trust me, after all this, I'll never gamble again.

With that, I got out of the booth and left the restaurant. Then I got in my car and started making my way over to 78th Street. I knew that Lucky was going to have the gym locked down. So I had to come up with a way to get inside so I could get to him. After ten minutes, I got to 78th Street and parked my car by a bar. Then I started walking down the street until I got to Lucky's gym. And it wasn't really hard to find since it was the only gym on 78th Street.

From the looks of it, the gym seemed to be closed. So I snuck up to a window to have a quick peak inside. And I could just make out a few guards that were patrolled in there. I tried the front door, and surprisingly, it was unlocked. So I slipped in before quietly shutting the door behind me. Then I started to try and sneak around to see if Lucky was anywhere in the gym. Sadly, it seemed like fate had some other plans for me.

KK thug: Hey! Who are you!?

That's when I had gotten spotted by one of Lucky's men. I quickly shot him in the head with my silenced pistol and hoped no one heard him. But one of the other thugs came around the corner right after I shot him. Once the thug saw me, he started shooting which had alerted the others. So I took cover and had to start fighting my way through more Kobra Kings thugs. And let's just say that I wasn't expecting things to go this way at all.

After ten minutes of shooting, I killed the thugs on the main floor. Once it was all clear, I had made my way to the nearby stairwell. I made my way down to the basement to find more guards were waiting for me. And I had to be extra careful since there was all sorts of gambling equipment everywhere. So it was going to take a lot of precision and good shooting to not destroy anything. Because I knew it would cost a bit of money to bring new equipment in.

After another fifteen minutes, I had cleared out the entire room. And I had a feeling that Lucky was hiding in one of the other rooms. So I made my way to a nearby door and heard some odd noises inside. So I kicked the door open and it turned out to be some some sort of managers office. Then I heard some whimpering by the desk and found Lucky behind it. So I grabbed him and slammed him into a nearby wall.

Lucky: P-Please! Don't hurt me!

Y/n: Listen here, Lucky! All the illegal gambling in New York is now under my control. So you can stay loyal to King or you can work for me, which is it?

Lucky: Okay! Okay! I'll work for you! But Mr. King isn't going to be happy about this.

Y/n: Let me worry about King.

With that, I let Lucky go before calling in some Vipers. After about five minutes, several Vipers had pulled up to the gym. And I knew that with the gambling rackets under my control, Lucas King was in trouble. Now he had no way of making money and had lost control of his turf. But I knew he still had some manpower left around the Upper West Side. So I knew that was still likely going to be a problem.

For now, I decided to go find a place to get some sleep. It was nearly midnight and I wanted to get some sleep before I passed out. Luckily, it turned out there was a small motel nearby. So I made my way there and paid to have a room for the night. Once I got to the room, I got on the bed and passed out. And the last thought I had was seeing King being completely pissed off. That was enough to bring a smile to my face about that dick knowing he was screwed.

Third P.O.V.

Sergent Kai Lu seemed to be having some problems right now. He was trying to wrap his head around what to do about The Vipers. He was having trouble trying to get any leads on what they're planning. But they seemed to somehow be one step ahead. And the fact they started showing up out of nowhere bugged him too. He knew a gang couldn't just show up out of nowhere, not without major planning.

Another thing that bugged Kai was how their leader seemed to stay anonymous. Kai was certain that he'd have some sort of lead. If not on the leader, then at least on a suspected lieutenant or other high ranking member. After a few minutes of thinking, Kai's partner, Tanya, walked over. And Tanya saw that Kai was clearly frustrated about The Vipers. So she decided to try and help Kai calm down a bit.

Tanya: Lot on your mind?

Kai: I don't get it Tanya, we got hardly anything on these Vipers. How is it they're always one step ahead of us?

Tanya: What if we have a mole?

Kai: You think a cop is tipping these criminals off?

Tanya: It's possible, considering they likely have enough cash to pay off more than a few cops.

As much as Kai hated to admit it, he knew Tanya had a point. With the moves that The Vipers have made, they likely had large sums of cash. So it was a good possibility that they had a few cops on their payroll. And if that was the case, then Kai knew they had to be careful. They had to be sure they only told people they trust any intel they had on The Vipers.

Kai: If that's the case, then we need to be smart. We have to make sure The Vipers don't get any inside information.

Tanya: Yeah, but for now, let's call it a night and pick up in the morning.

With that, Kai let out an annoyed groan as he started getting ready to head home. But there was still something that was bothering him. Like there was something right in front of him that he wasn't seeing. But he just couldn't put his finger on what the hell it was. So he hoped that a good nights sleep could do some good and help clear his head. And he hoped that there would be some sort of break that could help bring him The Vipers down before it was to late.