Chapter Four

The more I start to think about it all, the more I start to become conscious of how my senses have increased. All the amount of sounds were still terrorizing my ears while the different smells joined into the chaos of my heightened and uncontrollable senses. The smell of bacon and eggs came from one of the houses outside the school. The smell of freshly baked muffins came from the school's kitchen that was on the other side of the building.

It was mindblowing yet making me dizzy with the new stimulus that my brain tried to take in and proceed and I am pretty sure I am having a sensory overload when I catch the ball that flies my way with ease and barely even registering what I just did. I throw it back with an unknown force as it almost knocks over the football player that had intended to throw it to his teammate behind me. 

It's all too much, intense to take in and process yet my own body seems to have no problems with it while my brain felt like it was about to crash, about to explode. I somehow manage to make it outside, behind the school building as I head to the tall tree that stood on the small grass field near the edge of the Forbidden Forest. I drop my stuff beside me before dropping down on the ground and closing my eyes, trying to focus on the sounds in the woods instead of anything else that was going on around me. Tried to visualize my surroundings while trying to hear the chirping birds, the whistling sounds of leaves, cracking sounds of branches, or any other sound that was in the woods.

"Stop pushing me." "Sit still." "Be quiet."  Fills my ears and before I know it I have located the place it comes from. Inside a vent in the school building near the trophy stand, close to the doors of the auditorium. My eyes flutter open and while it felt like I just walked towards that spot, I am still sitting against the tree with my stuff discarded beside me.

How was I even able to visualize a location by just hearing voices while being here?

So many questions dangle in my head and yet no one could give me answers to those.

Dressed in my cheer uniform, I stood beside the Aceys as the school principal started to talk

Dressed in my cheer uniform, I stood beside the Aceys as the school principal started to talk. The auditorium was full of people and all the noises and for sure the loud music hurt my ears. I was slowly getting used to it, but this amount was just fully hurting my ears. The worst part was how it was the voices I heard earlier that filled my ears once again. 

"The Great Alpha's near." "Focus. Remember, we're fierce, we're savage." "We're werewolves!" "That's right, Wynter. We're scared of nothing." "Except silver." "Yeah, silver."  "And ticks." "And rabies." "Come on, if we're quiet, we can be in and out of here before they even know we're here."

Werewolves. They were here at the school. That's why they have been hiding in the vents. Okay, maybe having increased hearing wasn't that bad. "Werewolves?" Bree and I say in unison as Zed laughs. "Uh, no. Why would we want..." Zed chuckles as he looks at the doors, spotting the werewolves Bree and I had spotted before anyone else. "Werewolves!" Zed shouts as people start to scream and panic. I can't help but heavily flinch at how loud everything suddenly becomes and it makes my ears buzz.