Chapter Five

The sun was shining as both Kevin and I sat on a table under a tree in the courtyard. We had a free period and since it was from a class we didn't share with Bucky and the other two Aceys, it was perfect for us.

Kevin had his laptop in front of him, a bunch of tabs open all about werewolves. "So, I have done some research." Kevin started. "You are truly becoming Stiles." I joked as the boy rolled his eyes. "And I found some interesting things on the Teen Wolf wiki." He went on as I snorted. "Really? That's where you go search for information?" I huffed playfully. "Yes, because it brought me to a lot of lore about werewolves." He went on, a serious look on his face.

"So, I started to combine the terms werewolf, lore, and Seabrook. And I found that long ago, the werewolves had a giant stone. Moonstone. It's what they have on their necklace as well." Kevin pointed out. I jumped off the table to sit beside him as he turned the screen towards me. Pictures of back and white drawings were all over the site. "The moonstone is what keeps them a werewolf. If they take it off they are straight-up humans. They are shapeshifters but use some powered stones to stay in their werewolf form." Kevin explained.

"Good thing I don't have that stone. I don't want to walk around in some werewolf form. Don't get me wrong, they all look hella good but I'm not going down that path." I pointed out as he scrolled through the site. "Worry not, because there are different kinds of werewolves," Kevin spoke. "Different kind?" I asked, pulling up my brows as he hummed in response. "They are all born werewolves." Kevin started again. "Aside from Wren, yes." I nodded. "And you got bitten." He reminded me as I hummed. "So, that means you are different from them. Yes, you are a werewolf but you were born with human blood. You could turn back human. They can't. Sure, they can shift into a human form but they could never become full human." Kevin explained.

I nodded as I let all the information sink in. "You know, you have been much more of a help than they all have been." I sighed. After the conversation I had with them, like two days ago, I haven't seem them anymore. Well, they walk around here but that was it. "As your best friend, it is my job to do so." He pointed out as I nodded.

It was quiet for a moment as Kevin went back to his research. I just looked around. I was taking in all my surroundings. Looking at who else was in the courtyard as well. My head perched up when the smell of werewolves hit my nose. "They're here," I said. "Who?" Kevin frowned. "The werewolves." I shrugged. Kevin's frown deepened as he looked around. Not seeing them. But just when he wanted to say that, the werewolves walked out the door.

"Can you smell what we will have for lunch?" Kevin asked me. "Our keen senses aren't used for guessing the menu." Someone scoffed as Willa showed up, eyes narrowed. I ignored her words as I sniffed the air. "Pancakes," I answered indifferently. "Nice," Kevin smirked but faded right away when Willa glared at him. "So, what brings you all...well here," I asked them. "We want you to come with us," Wyatt said, though it more likely sounded like an order than an answer. "Like, right now?" I asked with a frown. "Yes. We are done here. For now." Willa spoke, crossing her arms.

I shared a look with Kevin who shrugged. "Well, I can't. Kevin and I are working on-" "An assignment!" Kevin quickly finished my sentence. "About werewolves?" Wyatt scoffed as Kevin quickly closed his laptop. "Listen, none of you guys have been much of a help so we took matters in our own hands. Turns out a fantasy series has to offer more help than each one of you." I sighed. Willa huffed. "It's because we have better things to do, that are more important." She spoke.

"Sure, go ahead. Do your important business. But it's not on me if I end up killing someone when I lose control with the upcoming full moon tonight." I spoke, staring down at my nails. I know I was simply pulling their strings, but they promised to help and weren't acting up on their promise. "She's right, Willa. Tonight is a full moon. And if she goes out of control and murders the entire town, we are the ones to get the blame." Wyatt hissed at his sister in a low tone as I kept listening in on them.

"She'll be fine. She hasn't shown any signs of changing. She only has increased senses, doesn't mean she is a full werewolf." Willa snapped back at her brother. "She got bitten, Willa. Do you see any of those marks?" Wyatt snarled. "I don't. So what? She isn't one of us." Willa countered back. "She's healed. We have fast healing. She is like Wren, Willa." Wyatt grumbled, clearly starting to get annoyed with the fact he was trying to defend me. "She's not. Wren turned into one at the end of the day he got bitten. More than 24 hours have passed and she hasn't changed at all." Willa growled, trying to prove her point. "The bite just gave her some temporary sense boosting or whatever." She stated, crossing her arms to signal she was done with this discussion.

"Wow, nice. Telling me first I am one of you guys and that you will help me, only to turn out I am what? Nothing? Just got a sense boost and some quick healing and that's all?" I question, gaining the siblings their attention. "It's not like that. It's complicated." Wyatt speaks, trying to either change the discussion or brush it all off. "Listen, we are dealing with some important things and as long you don't shift, we aren't very concerned about you, which is a good thing! Because we can focus on our true goal." Wynter quips, to try and assure me. I send her a faint smile, appreciating it though it doesn't do much.

"Are you coming or what?" Willa questions with a huff. "See ya," I tell Kevin before I get up. I give him a small wave before I follow the pack of werewolves. Leaving the school behind as we head into the woods.

A/N: Finally a new chapter! I think the last one was written like a year ago or something. But here is another chapter for you guys. I have also decided I will be writing another Zombies fic but with a crossover with Teen Wolf. I've noticed I have been using references to Teen Wolf a lot and what better way than to turn it into a cross over fic right? Anyway enjoy this chapter. :3