||ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ||

---------------------------------------------------------

Ellie Peterson anxiously watched as sparks flew from the generator, clutching onto the end of the Russian uniform she was wearing.

She tried to reassure herself everything would be okay after this; everyone would be okay. She would go home, sleep, put on her scrubs, and drive to the clinic in the morning for work.

A deafening alarm distracted her from her worries.

''We just turn the keys at the same time?'' Joyce asked, her voice laced with fear as she stared down at the control panel.

Ellie watched as Hopper nodded and grabbed the key on the other side of the panel.

''On three. One, two-''

Ellie felt someone violently push her back as she saw Grigori, the Russian soldier who was following them, throw Hopper against the window that was separating them and the generator.

Ellie's eyes only went to one place; the weapon Grigori must've dropped.

She leapt for it, only to be stopped and thrown across onto one of the Russian machines. Her vision became blurry as she struggled to stand up.

She saw Joyce unconscious on the ground, a fresh cut on her forehead.

Ellie made a choice that would change her plans of reuniting with her friends and going back to her normal life the next day.

She rushed towards Hopper, who was fighting Grigori. She began fighting him along with Hopper.

With both their efforts, Grigori fell into the generator.

The machine was now making a piercing screeching noise; electricity flowing through the gears. It was unstable. If Joyce didn't turn the keys now, all their efforts would've been for nothing.

Ellie began to realize what was going to happen. She felt a sinking feeling of desperation in her heart.

She closed her eyes, taking deep breaths.

As Joyce turned the keys, the machine made a booming noise followed by an explosion that instantly threw both Ellie and Hopper to the ground. Ellie struggled to stay awake as black dots filled her vision.

She felt someone shaking her and calling her name. A ringing noise filled her ears as she saw Hopper trying to make her regain her consciousness.

She stumbled as she stood up, following him as they climbed up a ladder towards the exit. They both froze when they saw Russian soldiers standing over both of them.

Panic and fear rushed through her brain as she tried to run, only to be knocked out by one of the soldiers.

----