||ꜱɪx||

I fiddled with the material of my jumpsuit

''Do you think we're gonna die in here?'' I asked Hopper.

Dmitri seemed to be in his own world, staring out the bars of our cell.

''I'm not dying in here. I can't imagine El without me.'' He replied.

I nodded in response as he continued to speak.

''You're not dying in here either, kid. Don't worry.''

 Dmitri joined the conversation.

'' Your American town wouldn't be able to survive without its number 1# doctor." He spoke in his Russian accent.''

We all laughed at his comment and sat in comfortable silence.

''You know, what we are to attempt is quite mad, even by your standards, Americans,'' Dmitri added.

''You got any odds for us this time?'' Hopper asked

''I think maybe, a thousand to one?'' 

---------

I kneeled, side by side with Hopper and Dmitri in the small court I saw earlier, multiple prison guards surrounding us.

 I jumped as I heard a snarl coming from one of the gates in the court.

''Let us hope your prayers have been heard, American."

The lights flickered and dimmed as all the guards left. The only sound that we were able to hear was the Demogorgon pounding on the wall, leaving us in chilling silence.

The time to fight the Demogorgon was nearing closer and closer. 

"Stay close, and stick to the plan" Dmitri spoke.

We all jumped forward as an ear-piercing alarm went off. 

Key. I needed the key. I lunged forwards toward the key, grabbing it quickly. I rushed to the cage holding all the weapons, unlocking it, and passing everyone spears.

I stood next to Dmitri and the other soldiers, waiting for whatever horror was about to happen.

''Whatever comes out of there, hold your ground." He yelled

I could hear gears turning as the doors between us and the Demogorgon started to open. Hopper started to pour the liquor he stole onto the spear wrapped in cloth.

We stood in silence, prepared to fight. Dmitri threw the lighter to Hopper, as he tried to light it onto the spear.

The lighter started to clink, signaling to us it was out of the liquid.

"Oh come on, no. Come on, come on" 

Hopper tried to light it, looking up every few seconds to see if anything was happening.

"Please tell me it's not out of fluid." 

There was a small moment of silence as Hopper kept trying to light his weapon.

The snarling got louder and louder as the Demogorgon jumped out, attacking one of the prisoners at the back.

I stuck near Dmitri as I could hear the sound of bones crunching.

"Come on, come on, yes!" Hopper cheered as his spear finally lighted up in fire.

I backed up into the wall as the Demogorgon turned to me. 

I stood in fear as it started running towards me. I closed my eyes and held out my spear. 

I felt myself fall over and hit the ground, as I looked up to see Dmitri fighting the Demogorgon. 

"Watch out next time"

I watched in horror as the Demogorgon went after the other prisoners, going straight for their heads first.

We were the only ones left.

I jumped up, towards the door with Dmitri as Hopper was using his spear to fight off the Demogorgon.

I helped Dmitri pull on the door to open it.

"Running out of time here guys" Hopper yelled to us

"We're trying," I yelled back

We continued to pull on the door. We both jumped back as the wooden handle we were pulling on to open the door, snapped.

I grabbed my spear and helped Hopper to fight the Demogorgon to give us more time.

I looked back towards Dmitri as I heard the same gears turning and saw the door opening.

"Americans, come on!"

We both rushed and ran through the door. The Demogorgon snarled at us and used its claws to pry the door open. 

Hopper yelled out as his spear no longer had its flame.

He stepped back and pushed me as he threw his spear into the Demogorgon's mouth, pushing it back and giving the doors enough time to close.

"Out of one prison, into another" Dmitri spoke as the sound of the alarm filled my ears.

I put my hand on his shoulder to stop him from speaking, as the doors to another room started to open.

Hopper stumbled out first, stopping suddenly; making me fall into him.

I gasped as I saw Joyce running towards him, and hugging him. I tilted my head and looked behind her. Murray was there as well.

I turned around, only to see Dmitri staring at me.

I watched as he leaned toward me, and connected his lips with mine.