||ᴛᴡᴏ||

I fled the hospital room, running from one of the Demogorgons Dustin was talking about

I fled the hospital room, running from one of the Demogorgons Dustin was talking about. I felt my pace going slower and slower until my legs felt numb and I couldn't run anymore.

I jumped as I heard the creature behind me catch up to where I was. My legs wouldn't move. It was as if the bottom of my shoes had melted and stuck onto the floor below me.

I started yelling and crying, struggling to move my legs. I felt confused as I saw the Demogorgon run right past me.

I looked in front of me and saw all my friends, standing there. They had blank expressions as the creature attacked them.

...

I shot up from my bed, drenched in sweat. I instantly burst into tears, remembering where I was. My hands were shaking and I had goosebumps from the cold air. I felt someone violently shaking me.

I looked down and saw the Russian guard from yesterday, kneeling ''next to me; a worried expression on his face.

''What are you doing here?" I asked him, planting my nails into the skin on my arm as a way to make myself stop crying.

''I came to wake you up; to show you around, but I found you like-'' He stopped mid-sentence, trying to find the right words to explain what I was like when he found me, but he couldn't find the right words to capture the moment.

We both sat there, an awkward silence surrounding us.

''I never caught your name,'' I told him, curious about what I could now call him.

''My name is Dmitri, but your American friend calls me Enzo. I never caught your name either.''

''Ellie, or Dr. Peterson to most of Hawkins.''

''Do you have family back in Hawkins?'' He asked as our conversation became more casual.

''No, my family fled Hawkins after finding out about Will, a boy in our neighborhood going missing. My older sister and I were the only ones who stayed.''

''What about you?'' I added

''I have no family here, or none that I'm in contact with. I've always wished of having one though, like the ones in American movies; a big one that goes on many vacations and has friendly neighborhood cookouts.''

I laughed at his wholesome take on American families.

We sat in silence again, although now it was a comfortable silence.

''We should probably get going, I still need to show you around'' He added.

I nodded in agreement and watched as he got up and wandered out of my cell.

I search around for the bag I received yesterday and found it under my bed. I took it with me to the small bathroom attached to my cell.

I groaned as I saw the shower covered in filth, with pieces of dirt on the walls and near the sink.

I glanced up into the cheap mirror and gasped as I saw myself; I was a mess. My eyes were bloodshot red, and my brown hair was so tangled that your hand would probably get stuck if you tried to comb it through.

I prepared all my clothes and hung a towel on the shower door.

I jumped as the cold water hit my skin. They were probably getting this water straight from a frozen lake.

I wondered why the guard, Dmitri, was being so nice to me. I had to admit; He was quite attractive.

As I got out of the shower, I slipped on the scrubs and a coat they gave me for my work. I hooked the damp towel on the door and walked out of the bathroom.

I was surprised to see Dmitri standing there, waiting for me. Was he there the whole time?

''Ready to go?''

I followed him as we marched down the hallway. As we passed the other prisoner's cell, I had hoped to see Hoppers, but his cell was nowhere to be seen.

He opened a small white door to reveal where I was working. It was little and had a tray of tools in the corner of the room. There was a white bed in the corner along with a small desk with a stack of papers on top of it.

He shut the door once we were both inside and welcomed the first patient. I stood surprised as I turned around to look at the patient.

Hopper?