||ꜰᴏᴜʀ||

I lay in my bed trying to fall asleep, goosebumps covering my arms

I lay in my bed trying to fall asleep, goosebumps covering my arms. Dmitri had even given me an extra blanket, but it wasn't enough.

It was almost morning, and I hadn't gotten any sleep.

I sat up, leaning against the hard brick wall behind my bed; contemplating whether I wanted to go back to sleep, or start work earlier than usual.

I groaned as I struggled to stand up, groggily walking over to the shower.

-----

Dmitri wore a wide grin as he saw me let my hair loose from my hair tie. I let out a small laugh as I saw him try to hide his smile.

I let out a sigh of relief as the last prisoner left my office for the day. I was still tired from not getting any sleep the night before.

I heard a loud thud and the door slam open; hitting the wall behind it.

The guards had their guns pointed at me and were yelling things at me in Russian.

I shut my eyes and felt them pull me out of the room.

I could feel myself being thrown into another room; a cold one.

''Where is your American friend hiding?'' A guard spoke in a Russian accent.

Hiding?

''What?'' I spoke

I felt someone slap me.

Dmitri better be on his way; He was the one talking about escape plans with Hopper.

----

Blood dripped from my nose and someone came into the cold room I was placed in before. They announced something to the room.

I could hear some footsteps; they were clearing the room.

The ropes burning my hands got untied and I was taken back to my cell. I could hardly see and struggled to walk.

I clutched my knee in pain as it hit one of the cell bars.

I could barely see, so I felt around for my bed and collapsed on it. I heard some rustling in the corner of my room and could make out a shape that looked like Dmitri.

Black dots filled my vision as I drifted unconscious.

-

I woke up to see Dmitri by my side, looking at me with a worried expression on his face. I glanced at my arms and face and saw them covered in cuts and wounds.

Dmitri was wearing a prisoner's uniform, one similar to mine.

Whatever he and Hopper had tried to escape, they had failed.

I jumped up and looked at him accusingly.

''Where's Jim? Is he safe? Why didn't you tell me about this?''

Dmitri was taken aback by all my questions and answered them one by one, taking a second to think about his answers. He started by explaining what he and Jim were trying to do.

The plot thickened deeper as he continued with his explanation.

''Your American friends; they thought it would be easier for both of you to escape separately.''

His expression softened as he resumed.

''Yuri, the man who was taking your friends back to America, told the Warden about us so he would get more out of it.''

I sat there on my cell, contemplating what I had just heard.

''He was gonna leave me?'' I questioned with glossy eyes.

Dmitri looked like he felt sympathy for me and was gonna hug me, but he kept talking.

''He wasn't gonna leave you, he was coming back for you''

I nodded and flinched as I felt a cut from my arms sting.

He searched through the bathroom in my cell and found a roll of bandages. He came back over to me and wrapped it around my arms and legs.

I smiled. It reminded me of when I was younger and used to wrap toilet paper, or towels around myself and pretend I was a mummy from ancient Egypt.

''Do you know if the Americans who were coming with your friend Yuri, are okay?'' I asked.

I had always been close with Joyce and cared about her deeply. I wondered how Will and Jonathan were. They were already thinking about moving to California; maybe they were already there.

''Do you mind if I sit on there?'' Dmitri asked, motioning to the bed I was sitting on.

I nodded and he climbed onto my bed next to me. He moved closer until he was only an inch away from me.

''Glad I brought these extra blankets. If I knew I would be joining you in this cell, I would've brought more.'' He said, smiling at me.

We both looked curiously as we heard boots echoing through the different cells. I saw a guard, unlock our cell door and throw a beaten-up Hopper in with us.