𝟎𝟎𝟏. 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐋

― ♥ ❝ welcome her with open arms ♥ ―

― ♥ ❝ welcome her with open arms ❞ ♥ ―

~

▍❝ Mirren ! ❞ Summer Castman called, running down the steps quickly as her Mary-Jane shoes hit the wooden floors. "Isn't the house beautiful? It's incredible!"

Mirren nodded with a slight smile as she wandered down the hall. "Yeah , it's great." she agreed, holding onto a railing as she looked into the kitchen.

The Castman's new home was two stories, and sat at the end of a neighborhood street. It was a simple home, but definitely more luxurious than their old house in Florida.

"Do you like it, Ren?" Mason, the girl's father, called, resting his arm's on Mirren's shoulder.

She turned and shrugged his hands off of her. "Yeah , but uhm, i'm gonna go walk around town. See what's here."

The man nodded and turned away from his daughter. "Okay, be back before dinner. Be safe, sweetheart."

Mirren nodded and unlatched the door, stepping into the spring air. She let the gust of air hit her as she started walking down the street.

She knew that her house wasn't very far from town, due to her note to take in her surroundings while they drove to their new home.

It was the last day before spring break, so the streets were mostly empty. She walked through downtown Hawkins, observing the small shops that flooded the sidewalk. There was a general store, a Radio Shack, an arcade, a Family Video, and some other random, useless stores.

Mirren walked up to the arcade, which was sat right next to the Family Video. She put her hands up over her eyes and peered into the window. The arcade was dark, probably because the target audience of the games were in school at the moment.

The games were shut off, and the snack counter lights were dim. It was scary, quite frankly, how dark and abandoned it was. There were no cars parked , at the arcade, nor the Family Video.

She walked into there next, realizing that she and Summer could have a movie night in their new rooms. They loved watching movies together, so it seemed like the perfect time.

The girls were especially fond of horror movies, so Mirren walked straight into the horror section. This store was mostly empty, except for the man who stood behind the counter. He was alone, sorting through movies in a cardboard box.

He had huge hair, and wore a dark green 'Family
Video' vest. His back was turned to Mirren, so she couldn't exactly catch his face, though.