𝟎𝟎𝟑. 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒

― ♥ ❝ i'll find a new place to be from ♥ ―

― ♥ ❝ i'll find a new place to be from ❞ ♥ ―

~

▍Claire sat anxiously on the front porch with her arms crossed, staring out at the empty trailers around her. The night breeze took shivers up her spine as she bobbed her leg up and down, awaiting Chrissy's return.

She glanced around at the trailers , mostly dark on the inside due to the late hour, except for the one across the street from Eddie Munsons, which had some dim lights on and a small figure walking around inside.

The figure eventually opened the door , holding a small bowl of something, walking towards a dog that was behind a wired fence.

And because Claire was lonely , and kind of afraid of the dark, though she'd never admit it, she walked over to the figure, hoping there would be some form of communication so she wouldn't be alone.

"Hi!" She whisper-yelled, making her way over to the person. As she got closer, she recognized the face. She'd seen the girl around school and talking to one of the guys on the basketball team aswell.

The girl turned and eyed Claire up and down, raising an eyebrow at the steamed white cheerleading uniform that you'd never really see in. a dimly lit trailer park. "Hi."

Claire cleared her throat and looked down at the dog. "Is this your dog?" She questioned, trying to make conversation as she waited for Chrissy.

The redhead turned her eyes in the direction of the dog aswell. "I mean, kind of. Pretty much." She mumbled. "Uh, what exactly are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with your cheer friends?"

"I mean, yeah, technically, but Chrissy— you know Chrissy, right? Chrissy Cunningham?" Claire waiting for a response, but the redhead just nodded in assurance. "Well, she said she desperately needed to come get something from Eddie Munson's trailer. Can you believe that?! I mean, I don't really understand why she would need to, but I trust her, you know? She's my friend so—."

As Claire talked, she noticed that she'd been rambling on without even asking the girl about herself or even her name. "I'm so sorry! Where are my manners?" Claire laughed dryly and reached her hand forward. "I'm Claire Hope, and by the way, you are, like, super pretty. Uh— what's your name again?"

"Max Mayfield." Max said, slowly reaching out and shaking Claire's hand. "And thanks."

Claire's face dropped. "Oh. Right, yeah. I— i'm so sorry, about what happened to your brother last year and stuff. I mean— I never really knew him, but i'm sure the loss was hard on you." She squeezed Max's hand before letting go.