𝟎𝟎𝟕. 𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐍𝐄𝐖𝐒

― ❝ to float around and ghost my friends

― ❝ to float around and ghost my friends ❞ ―

...

▍Max studied Claire's face as the her and Steve walked into the room. Her eyebrows furrowed. She felt horrible with how Claire was reacting to all this. I mean, Max knew how it felt. To lose someone. Someone close to her. It had destroyed her. Made her ghost all her friends, become secluded. She hadn't known Claire for long, but she did know one thing.

She wouldn't let that happen to her.

Despite Max's deep desires to keep Claire safe from all of this, Dustin was determined to let the newbies in on the Party's secrecy. Unbeknownst to them, Claire already knew.

"There's another world.." Dustin explained, looking between Eddie, Summer, and Mirren. "A world hidden beneath Hawkins."

Summer and Mirren exchanged confused glances as Dustin continued talking. "Sometimes.. it bleeds into ours."

Eddie's eyebrows furrowed. "Like.. ghost and shit?"

The younger girl beside Mirren shivered. "I hate ghosts. Dustin, please do not say there's ghosts."

Max spoke up from behind the group, causing the heads to turn. "There are some things, Summer, that are worse than ghosts."

Summer gasped and leaned into Mirren's side, covering her arms with her sister's jacket.

"Monsters." Dustin announced, his voice was cold and shook the shed. "These monsters from this other world.. we thought they were gone. But they've come back before. And that's why we needed to find you." He turned back to Eddie.

Max parted her lips and looked into Eddie's eyes, trying to show how serious she was. "If these monsters are back, we need to know."

Mirren shook her head in disbelief. "What?! Monsters?? This is insane. You guys are insane."

Steve nudged her shoulder. "They're not lying, i swear. Don't be so bitter, Bitterness." He laughed quietly at his own joke before turning back to the group.

"That's so funny." Mirren scoffed, though she was laughing a little bit herself.

Eddie, however, was deep in thought, taking in this new information. "It was.. you couldn't see anything except for Chrissy. It was like she was under a spell."

"A spell?" Robin asked, looking around, clearly confused. "Last time I checked the Flayer wasn't a wizard."

Eddie mumbled. "A spell caster.."

Dustin's eyes went wide, and he looked directly at Eddie. "A dark wizard."

———

The Party drove home quickly, stopping at the grocery store to grab Eddie some food.