Chapter 1~ The Unexpected Guests

It was a cloudy night, and I looked up at the dark clouds with disdain. I looked at the houses under the hills with hatred as they all looked alike. A mark on a green door catches my attention, it glows in the dark surrounding me, and I approach the round door and knock. The door opens, and a little hobbit appears.

"Hello, master hobbit." I place my hand on my chest and bow. "Has anyone else arrived yet?" Before he could respond, a burly Dwarf emerged behind him.

"Delilah, is that you?" I smile fondly before approaching him and pulling him into a warm hug.

"Dwalin." he hugs me back fiercely before letting me go.

"You're alive, how?"

I smile sadly, "That's a tale for later. How have you been, Dwalin?" The doorbell rings and the hobbit leaves to answer mumbling under his breath.
"I'm starving!" I laugh as he looks around the room before exiting.

"Good evening," I hear the Hobbit say in lack of happiness from the doorway.

"Yes, it is," the person responds, "though I think it might rain later. Am I late?" the person inquires.

I didn't hear the hobbits' response as the person must have seen us somehow.

"Oh, Evening, brother!" I look to see Balin, and I smile.

"Balin," I say shortly but with an affectionate smile. He looks at me in surprise.

"Delilah."

"By my beard, you're shorter than wider last we met," Dwalin says with a smirk, making Balin return his attention to his younger brother.

"Shorter, not wider, but sharp enough for the both of us." I smile as they headbutt affectionately before walking off toward the pantry.

The hobbit trails after them while I stand by the door, awaiting the next arrival.

After a few minutes, the doorbell rings, and I quickly walk to the door and open it, finding two dwarves: one blond and the other brunette.

"Fili and Kili at your service," They bow, and I raise an eyebrow as I have not met these dwarves before.

"Delilah at yours." I place my hand on my chest and bow back at them.

"Delilah?" Kili asks, his eyes widening, and I frown.

"You know me?" Fili nods.

"Our uncle has told us stories about you from his childhood." My eyes widened in pleasant surprise.

"Is Thorin your uncle?" They both nod, and I laugh with misty eyes, covering my mouth in excitement.

"I have nephews!" I pull them into a hug and they laugh hugging me back.

A throat clears and I pull away and look down slightly to find bilbo looking up at me and the brothers in curiosity before trying to push them out the door,

"Nope, you can't come in; you guys have come to the wrong house."

"You must be Mr. Boggins!" Kili says. At the same time, Fili asks, " Has it been canceled? No one told us."

The hobbit looks between Kili, Fili, and me before annoyingly responding.

"No, nothing has been canceled."

"Well, that's a relief," Fili says, and with that, both Fili and Kili brush their way past Bilbo.

Fili strips himself of his weapons before dropping them into the poor hobbits' arms, "careful with these. I just had them sharpened." I suddenly feel bad for Bilbo as Fili continues to drop weapon after weapon into his already weighed-down arms.