Chapter 5 ~ Into the Wild Pt.2

Bilbo held me for what felt like hours before I told him we'd better sleep. He left me with a kiss on the forehead and a good night.

I woke up before any of the dwarves, the sky just beginning to lighten to a lighter shade of blue, the color reminding me of a certain hobbits eyes.

I pack up whatever I might need for the rest of the journey, not knowing when I will have a place to call my own. My sword tucked away in it's scabbard and my various knives were put away as well in their places.

With one last moarning glance at the bed, I shut the doors and walk in the direction of where the company resides.

Do not fret, Delilah. You shall return in the future.

I jumped and turned around to find the hall I walked down, empty.

"H-hello?" I whisper, only to be greeted by silence.

As I turn back around, a she-elf stand only feet away, making me nearly jump out of my skin.

"Mahal, you frightened me!" I wheeze as I grasped my chest.

"My apologies, mellon."

"It's nice to see you again, my lady." I bow, my fist to my heart.

"No need for formalities. This is a social visit." Lady Galadriel says with a grin.

"What led you here, my lady, if I may ask?"

"Your quest to reclaim your home, Delilah. What can you tell me of it?"

I frown, "What do you mean?"

"The dragon, Gandalf, has been on the topic of it for some time. What do you think?"

I look at the ground, biting my lip before catching her eye again.

"I think that it's about time that Smaug learns that it's not nice to steal."

Galadriel laughs, "So, you agree with him?"

"What ever Gandalf thinks is right is usually the answer to a lot of unasked questions."

The she elf chuckles, "That is usually the case, yes."

She pauses for a moment, "The Hobbit." I freeze.

"He is good for you, Delilah, but when it comes to it, you have to choose."

I look down at my feet, my breath picking up, " I know."

"Just remember, Delilah, family isn't what runs through our blood. It's the ones that protect us from harm that protects us from our enemies. Remember this when the time comes." I frown in confusion, and I look up to ask her what she means, but she no longer stands before me.

Typical, Elves running away from direct answers.

I shake the confusion from my brain and continue on my trek to the dwarves.

When I arrive, everyone is awake and packing away their things, the bench from last nights 'feast' remains broken on the ground.

Elrond, if you can hear me, i'm sorry for... well for everything.

I swear i can hear laughter in the wind.

A hand grabs mine, stroking my palm, and I look down slightly to see Bilbo looking up at me with a gentle gaze.

"How did you sleep, Amrâlimê?"

Bilbo looks at me confused, "What does that mean?"

I look at him mischeiviously, "Thats for me to know and you to find out when the time is right."