WARNING

AM I WALKING TOWARDS SOMETHING I SHOULD BE RUNNING AWAY FROM ????
~Shirley Jackson

BHUMI SATYADEV

"Princess the potraits are ready." The painter I commissioned to complete the potraits of Princes of Brahmagiri said from behind the curtains seperating my big spacious balcony from the sitting room of my chambers. "Collect your price and leave." I said without averting my gaze from the lucious green mountains of Himalaya which appear to close from my balcony. The Alaknanda beneath is fast flowing. Hers clear water and the morning cold wind soothed my aching soul. I signed against the wind which blown against my open raven hair and well pinned pallu of sari. My bangles jiggled as I pushed one of my lock behind my hair as it roamed infront of my eyes.

All the windows in my róom are open making the curtains inside fluttering wildly. I turned my back to look at the potraits painted. Rajkumar Ariv's and Rajkumar Suraj's face peeked from the gap of curtains. Ariv didn't shared a single common feature from Maharaj Surendra but looked a lot similar to Maharani Viswaja. After unable to conceive for more than ten years she gave up and adopted her sister's son. But on Rajmata Hiranya's force he married Rajkumar Iswari and hence Rajkumar Suraj was born. Since then the court was in political upheaval. Rajmata, Maharani and Rajrani Iswari are always scheming for power behind the curtains and Rajkumar Suraj and Rajkumar Ariv infront of people and court.

The court, ministers and officials everything is divided. Rajkumar Surya might have blood of Maharaj in his veins but he is born of second wife. His legitimacy is his biggest draw back. Rajkumar Ariv might be considered as first born of Royal family by traditions but him not being blood related make him traditionally unable to claim for the throne but politically he is with par with Rajkumar Suraj. My anklets resonated through the chambers as I walked towards the potraits. They were smiling. What a irony in each others presence they only glare at each other with hate and enemity. The bloody thirst for power never gave them any chance to nurture a brotherly bond between themselves.

"Reteka. Hang this potraits in court." I ordered my head maid as I retreated back on the swing in my balcony. Who ever will be the future king of Brahmagiri will definitely climb the throne using the corpses of his kins as stepping stones. The curse is still fresh in my mind. What Priest Vishwa said to Maharaj is carved in my memories. It all happened one year back on the same day.

FLASHBACK

"Maharaj. The constellations are telling about a impending war and destruction. The stars are changing their destined path. The Brahmagiri will never be same. I oppose you to hold the Silver Assembly." The royal Jyotish said to Maharaj as I stood listening behind the curtains. My fourteen year old body hidding perfectly. I cursed the moment I entered the chambers to search for my rabbit."It started in Maharaj Bhushan's time and the things are progressing for worest. Within three generations the mighty kingdoms of Alwar, Devgiri, Bhramagiri, Hind Kush, Kamboj, Kaling and Sandhvik might fall to rumbles." He added with caution.

I can see the tremble in his finger through the crack of curtains as his one hand traced the paper pamphlets and other one thrown the sea shells on the red fabric spreaded on the wooden table. They made a sound as they contact was made with the wood of table. Few stopped immediately and few after few seconds. But eight rotated continuously. Not stopping at all. His hand trembled as he took a page and began to calculate his results. Maharaj Surendra never believed in astrology but at present his hands are white as he gripped the armrest of his chair.

"Hind Kush will be destroyed in next generation along with Sandhvik. Kaling will last three generations before succuming. But Devgiri, Alwar and Bhramagiri....." He said his eyes widening in fear as he took in the calculation in his hands. He raised the paper. "What about us ...." Maharaj asked growing impaitent. "The future is terrifying Maharaj. It's hard to decode. But the third generations of this kingdoms. Your grandson's fellow monarchs will be unparallel in both powers and tactics. The Transition will occure in this generation." He said as a silence spread through the chambers. I held my breathing so nothing might give away my position.