three

"Hey Coach Simonds, I'm feeling really reallyyy hungry right now. So if you'd let me pop by the vending machine that's basically right next door that would be amazing." I inquire to the bulking bald man sitting in front of me. Coach Simonds wasn't the fittest, even though he's like the head of the Sports Department at our school.

After the girl from the back kindly offered me money, which was super surprising by the way, she gave me 10 full dollars! I could finally, after going through all this trouble, get my beloved Doritos.

"Estrella, Estrella, Estrella...." Coach reply, pausing whatever he was watching on his laptop. "You can go but don't get up to any funny business eh?" The genuine bright smile I rarely get places itself on my face and run I out of the classroom, happy I'll finally be reunited with the love of my life.

The vending machine was on the floor below me, so I could take my sweet time til I got there. The school was so quiet, well apart from the bombarding sounds of the loud music coming from the auditorium. I think another Cinderella play was in production, for the past billion year our school does the classic Cinderella play. The same thing over and over again, I don't know how the teachers haven't gotten bored of it yet, I sure have.

I eventually arrive at the big blue vending machine, scanning all the snacks. Damn they really need to fill this up again, there's barely any snacks left.

I place the 10 dollar note in the thing that takes the notes, and press the button number 7, it's the capsule where the Doritos were. While I impatiently wait for this decade's old machine to drop my chips. I here footsteps walking in my direction.

I turn my head in the direction the footsteps are coming from, and see the girl from the back of the class. She had a concentrated look on her face, obviously looking for someone.

She noticed me looking at her and lightly smiled at me, she started walking toward me with an empty mug in her hand. Does that mug have puppies on it? Oh my god that's so adorable-

"I see you're finally getting your Doritos." She says, breaking the silence between us. "Yeah, I went through hell and back just to get these things. Oh and thank you by the way, you really saved me there because I did not want to talk to Max any longer." I laugh, thinking back to the little stunt I tried pulling on Max, and then miserably failed. 

"Oh yeah no problem, I could tell you were on the brink of punching his face." She adds, making me laugh even more. "I'm Layla by the way, I don't think you know me" She says, pointing to her chest.

"I just moved here because my parents have this really weird job where they're constantly moving around the world I guess? I'm not even sure, that's what they told me and it's probably a bunch of bull." She explains while running her left hand through her curly black locks, while her right hand was still gently clutching onto the plain navy blue mug with tiny poodle faces on it.

"I'm Stella, well Estrella but people call me Stella." I say lightly rambling, the only person that actually calls me Stella is Aunt Gigi.

"Yeah you were like one of the first people I heard about when coming to Oak Hill." She states shyly. Okay what the fuck does that mean? "Some girl, I think her name's Trina? Trilly? I can't even remember her fucking name cause of how much she spoke. Anyways she told me that you're like not that fun to be around? Wait shit I'm not wording this right." She rolls her eyes at herself, thinking back to what this girl said. The girl was definitely Trin.

"Okay I'm gonna try and word this better now. So basically if my hazy ass brain is remembering this shit correctly, she said that you're like really depresso expresso, and like you just drink and smoke and then call it a day." She explains better than the first time. I actually process everything she says, and holy shit is Trin a back stabbing bitch? I mean yeah we're not really close anymore, or friends even, but telling every single person you encounter about me? A really low fucking blow Trinity.

"Well I cannot confirm or deny whether what she's saying is correct." I say in a sarcastic formal manner. "However I would advise you to not listen to Trin because she's a bit of a female hound." I add. Between Trin and Noa, I always got along better with Noa, Trin was always just rude, not blunt or brutally honest, just flat out fucking rude and thought she was being hilarious, when in actual fake she was just being an annoying bitch.

Layla laughs snapping me out of my thoughts about the girls, I do miss them, well kinda, I guess I just miss the memories and good times, not the actual people in a way? I don't even fucking know.

"That's a cute mug you got there, I'm honest to God contemplating whether or not I steal it from you right now." I chuckle, revealing my villainous plan, I guess I'm entering my villain era.

"Oh you're so threatening I'd give it to you right now, unfortunately darling this happens to be Coach Simonds mug." She says, holding up the mug. "Yeah I wanted a break from that boring shithole known as detention. I asked if I could go to the bathroom and Coach probably thought, why not send this poor girl who needs to piss to fill my mug with coffee because I'm too fucking lazy to do it." She says, mocking the way Coach Simonds spoke.

I laugh loudly getting more comfortable with her, she's so funny and honestly is my only source of entertainment right now. "Yeah he totally didn't think that one through." I add on. I mean come on, sending one of your students to full up your mug with coffee, meaning we'd have to go into the teachers lounge where we're not allowed anyway.

"I mean I could put literal shit in this mug, mix it with a bit of water and give it to him." She says, thinking out loud. "Or you could put sleeping pills in his coffee, so we could leave this hell and get up to other shit." I state with a mischievous smirk on my face.

She immediately looks up at me and nods, smiling like the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland and says,

"Stella you're a fucking genius."

AUTHORS NOTE:

i know, i know, this chapter's really short but i didn't wanna drag it on further than it needed to be.

also how are we liking stella and layla's relationship?? if u can't tell by layla's surname she's arab, i HADDDD to represent.

anyways i wanna sleep now bc i'm watching the new minions movie with my brother's friends tomorrow.

bye bye lovies !!

04/07/2022

Wordcount : 1202 words