james ; no to captain

i figured james also suits to be a football player since ice hockey is also an aggressive sport.
__

y/n's pov

7pm

i'm at the bench with my best friend ami. the two of us were watching our school's football match with another school.

james is the football team's captain, he's so popular at school especially for girls.

whenever i pass by the hallway, they are talking about him.

they talk about how hot and handsome he looks which is definitely true. i can't deny that he's handsome and hot.

i was watching james closely, he's my boyfriend but we are still lowkey.

we just don't interact much since he's always training and practicing.

as i focused my attention on him, i saw him score another touchdown.

he can play all positions so he doesn't have a proper position except for being the captain.

i watched as the cheerleaders cheered for him, i wasn't jealous... just seeing them simp on james makes me want to fight them.

"hey" ami nudge her elbows at me which made me look at her.

"what?" i ask without looking at her. i were busy staring at the cheerleaders.

"stop staring at the cheerleaders, it's their job to cheer for the team. you're looking at them like you want to hurt them." ami said, she does have a point. i stopped staring and focused on the game.
_
our school's team won the game, the players went to take a seat on the player's bench and drank their water because they were so tired.

while the boys were resting a bit, a few cheerleaders went over to james and flirted with him.

i scoffed after seeing him smile at the cheerleading teams's captain.

i don't even know why i dated him, he's also well known as the school's best player.

best player in football and best at playing with girl's feeling. yes, you're right. he's a fucking playboy.

i didn't want to go out with him when he first made a move on me but he kept on visiting me at my dorm everyday.

eventually, i agreed to go on a date with him. we went on a lot of dates until one day he asked me to be his girlfriend.

i hesitated at first because i knew he was a playboy but he promised that he wouldn't play with my feelings.

we've been dating for 3 months now, our relationship is public i guess but only a few people noticed.

that's how lowkey he wants our relationship to be. he usually takes me to a quiet and empty place when he wants to talk. which doesn't seem like a "public" relationship for me.

seeing him smile at the cheerleader's captain in public and in front of a crowd made me sad and pissed at the same time.

"maybe he was just showing his teeth." ami tried to calm me down.

"show his teeth my ass. he's even letting her touch his arms and nape." i crossed my arms together and wore the hood of my hoodie.

ami just sighed seeing me in a bad mood, she didn't know what to do to ease my mind off.

people started leaving while i just sat there with ami beside me. we were both slouching.