cigarettes

As i took a seat in between Gareth and Eddie, my brother began to read. "Dungeons and Dragons, at first regarded as a harmless game of make believe, now has both parents and phycologist concerned." Gareth and i both shared a look as Eddie continued to read. "Studies have linked violent behaviour to the game, saying it promotes satanic worship, ritual sacrifices, sodomy, suicide and even murder." Eddie dramatically pushed the magazine down and the whole table chuckled. "Thats so stupid." Gareth chuckled to himself. "Yeah." I commented and we both laughed. I looked up too see Mike and Dustin staring at the table from afar talking to each other with scared looks on their faces. 

"Society has to blame someone, were an easy target."

"Exactly, Were the freaks because we like to play a fantasy game." Eddie began. "This isn't gonna end very well." I sighed. Eddie stood up on the table and began his speech. "But as long as your into band. or parties. Or a game where you toss balls into laundry baskets..." He got louder and cupped his mouth when he began to talk about basketball.

"You want something Freak!?" Jason yelled. My brother stuck out his tongue and put his fingers up for devil horns. We all laughed. "Its forced conforming. That's what's...Killing the kids!" He jumped of the lunch table nearly pushing a girl as he yelled.  "okay Eddie relax a little bit. Okay?" I commented and he quieted down a bit and began to sit and speak again. "That's the real monster." I placed my head on Gareth's shoulder and Dustin began to speak. I hadn't even realized they sat down. "So uh, Speaking of monsters, uh, Lucas has to do his, uh, balls in laundry baskets game," He quoted Eddies speech. I could tell Dustin and Mike where nervous around Eddie. Dustin nervously chuckled. "So, uh, he wont make it to hellfire tonight." Gareth rested his head on top of mine with a weird expression. "And i know theres no way we can beat your sadistic campaign without him.So me and Mike," He gestured between him and Mike. "We were talking,  shooting the shit, and we were thinking that maybe we might..." Mike  interrupted him because he was taking far too long. "Postpone." They suggested. Immediately i felt Gareth's head straight right up and everyones heads darted towards the two young boys. Everyone began to yell. "Postpone? Cant just drop that on us!" Gareth yelled. I laughed at Gareth and his reaction, he must haave heard me trying to muffle my laugh because he turned around and gently nudged my shoulder. I laughed even hardrer and placed my head on his shoulder again. "Over my dead body!" The guy across from me yelled. All the boys at the table were yelling and complaining as if it was the end of the universe. "Shut up!" Eddie snapped making everyone go quiet but i could still hear Gareth groaning and mumbling stuff under his breath as he fidgeted with his rings. "You saying Sinclair, has been taken to the dark side?" Eddie asked dramatically. 

" Uh something like that." Mike admitted unsurely. Eddie threw pretzels at the boys. "Something like that? And rather than find a sub for him you want...you want to postpone "the cult of vecna"?"  My brother asked. I lifted my head up from Gareth's shoulder and rested my head in my hands, Gareth then rested his head on my shoulder. Gareth has been my best friend since the start of high school and Eddie invited him to sit at our table. I've kinda always liked him a small bit but you know he could never like one of his friends little sisters or his best friend. 

I must had zoned out for a few seconds because when i snapped back into reality Mike and Dustin were no longer talking and Eddie was beginning to talk and i could tell it was gonna be a long rant. "Can i level with you? Jeff graduates this year, Y/N and Gareth have what, a year and a half? Y/N doesn't even play DND. Me, I am army crawling my way towards a D in Ms.O'Donnels. If i don't blow her final,Im gonna walk that stage next month, Im gonna look principle Higgins dead in the eye, I'm gonna flip him the bird, I'm gonna snatch that diploma. Im gonna run the hell out of here.!" He finished his very long plan and rant. "He's so dramatic." i chuckled quietly. Gareth basically worships him. He sees him like an older brother which yeah is kind of cute but Eddie isnt the best role model. He's failed high school nearly three times, He sells drugs and his only thoughts are DND and Hellfire. 

This time i must have really zoned out because the school bell snapped me back in to reality. "Y/N, are you coming to class?" Gareth asked me. " Oh, Yeah sorry, zoned out." I stood up and grabbed my toto bag. "Your always zoning out, Y/N." Gareth chuckled. "Shut up Gareth." I responded with a laugh and nudged his shoulder pushing him a bit. Gareth pushed me back 3x worse than i did. We both laughed.