Chapter Four

Ebony's Pov
A good three weeks had passed, and it was like nothing had happened. Everyone was teased about our wild team night, before our jobs were back in full swing. Going to state to state case over case. Secretly oogling Aaron from a far, same old same old.

My pen clicked a few times roughly as I chewed on the end exhaling at the rough shuffling in my gut, looking up in confusion when an agent walked by my desk handing me over a case file.

"Hey, these usual go to JJ what's up?" I questioned. He gave me a look and shrugged quickly.

"She told me to give them to you to get to Agent Hotchner." I held back a groan. Of course she did she must be on the phone, calling out a quick thank you. I stood up from my chair and desk, with the files moving around my desk passing by Emily's ruffling her hair up getting a smack in my behind with her files quick, snickering to myself hopping up each step to his office I knocked on his door getting a low come in, slipping inside the door.

I handed over the case files to him.

"Here Aaron we have a case. JJ was gonna drop it off but she's on the phone I think." He looked up at lightening speed our fingers touching while he stood up, walking around the desk with me both of us walking side by side.

"Hmm looks like we are going to LA again. Usually we are called in after victim three." He muttered to himself going down each step. He called out to the team to join him around the round table, holding up the door for me to enter first. I ducked under him heading to my seat, plopping down quickly.

Avoiding eye contact with Aaron was sometimes difficult especially when he staring right at you the entire time. Reid sat down right next to me happily grabbing the few files that were passed around, leaving me to shuffle in annoyance at the groaning pain in my stomach. Think I need to lay low on all that ramen I've been eating.

"Going to LA six victims, three male, three female, wheels up in thirty we'll discuss more on the jet."

_________________________
It had been to my knowledge a good few months since we had been back at the LAPD. Although I don't remember all these scents being these bothersome before. Their coffee machine smelt of old coffee grounds and milk, and each office just had a heavy scent of sweat lingering around. At best the killers pattern was only a couple days so we had a full week to catch him or her before it escalated.

"Ugh I've never been more disgusted by the smell of coffee before." I grumbled loosely lifting my hand to cover up my nose slightly, moving away from the large board to stare at the pictures from the crime scene.

"Now I know the world must be ending because you love coffee." Emily exclaimed out shuffling through the papers in her spot from over the table. I chuckled still keeping my hand in place.

"Their coffee smells like it's being lingering for days it's gross." I whined a little the turning growing more aggressive in my stomach. We had only been here for three days, and the profile still had a bit of holes through it. I turned my body towards the door as Morgan and Aaron came walking in.

"Ebony you and me are gonna head to the sixth victims house just to make sure we didn't miss anything. He may have made a mistake." I grumbled loosely under my breath a couple times, speaking walking around the table covered in empty coffee cups, yeah maybe getting out of here for a few hours will help.

"Anything is better then the smell of this coffee." I mumbled moving around Aaron who shot me a confused look, glancing over his shoulder to watch me before focusing back on Emily.

"Am I missing something? Ebony and Reid are like the caffeine addicts. They love coffee." I could hear Emily letting out the loudest laugh through her amusement.

"According to Ebony it smells like rotting beans." I snickered under my breath grabbing my things waiting for Hotch to grab the keys to one of the vans, once we were inside. I grabbed my phone for a moment to shut it off for no distraction noticing the little application from my monthly tracker.

I was suppose to get my period today? I blinked a couple times in confusion, tapping on it just to make sure. And it's correct every month it's on the 17th. My blood ran cold for just a second quickly putting my phone away. No I can't think about that right now. Aaron glanced at me from the drivers seat in confusion backing up as he started back on the road.

"Everything alright?" I gave him a solid head nod his way, flashing a smile his way.

"Yeah just family stuff don't wanna be distracted." He made a loose humming sound as he drove smoothly looking out the window a couple times.

Alright don't panic now, it happens sometimes especially after sex. Ugh.. Three weeks that's exactly how long it takes too. Please kill me now for my even more stupidity. I didn't even check to see if protection was used.