Chapter Ten

Ebony's Pov
It took a lot of running through my mind for weeks, a few more breakdowns before during lunch I knocked at JJ's door hearing her shuffling around quickly yanking open her door. The blue in her eyes seems so bright today. She gasped but flashed me a smile urging me inside her office. with a bounce in her step squeezing a few short times at my palms.

"There you are Ebony, are you okay? You had us worried, I've seen you emotional but I've never seen you burst out in tears. You know we love and care about you." I gave her a gentle smile squeezing at her hands sweetly, exhaling a couple more times to ease my own tension through out my sore body.

"You guys do, from Morgan teasing me, to listening to Reid ramble to stealing Emily's chocolate even Rossi letting me sleep on his shoulders which is why I just need to tell someone now." She lifted an eyebrow before urging me to sit down in the chair across from her desk.

The low click of the door shutting was followed before, she was sitting down scooting in place watching me closely.

"Go on? I'm all ears you said family problems have been stressing you, yeah?" I kept my hands pressed into my lap, rolling them around in place, nibbling at my lower lip I continued speaking gazing into her eyes.

"Well sort of. Yesterday it hit seven months of me just hiding. So seven months ago, I believe a couple months after Haley's funeral do you remember when we went out to the bar?" She pressed her fist under her chin, in thought as she thought back to it, nodding firmly.

"Of course I do, you went home early cause you were so drunk. So was Hotch. It was honestly the best team bonding nights." She said throughout her laughter, the strands of her hair bouncing In place.

"Yeah it was really fun. I was pretty tipsy but.. That night I went to a hotel with someone. It was you know a last minute drunk decision but me and Hotch slept together. The next morning I panicked thinking I was gonna lose my job for sleeping with my boss and I didn't remind him about it, I didn't speak of it I just acted like it didn't happen." I paused squeezing my eyes tightly.

"JJ I've been in love with him for years.... It was just never the right time he was already married, I was a young agent. And he makes me feel so wanted. JJ I'm so scared and alone because I've been hiding and doing it alone. I'm seven months pregnant and it's because I was too afraid to tell anyone." The loudest shocked gasp left her as she slammed in her chair quickly.

"What! Ebony no no, see I knew it was something! I just didn't wanna overstep any boundaries do you know how dangerous it is?! You are still doing field work and arresting unsubs! You almost got shot a couple weeks ago." She exclaimed in disbelief looking at me with so much worry her hand covering her mouth for a second.

"Oh my god Ebony what were you thinking... I know you were scared but it's so dangerous. I wasn't even allowed out on the field with Henry I stayed back here with Garcia. You need to tell him, now it's beyond just your safety. Hotch doesn't even know he is gonna be having a.. A well what is it in less than two more months." I looked down again taking a breather in.

"A girl." Another heavy sigh left her, rubbing her palm over her face.

"Jesus Ebony... You need to tell him now. I mean.. I understand you were scared but you've been hiding it alone for this long. All the stress, your eating habits, hormone changes. I should have noticed sooner." She sighed defeated before walking around the chair to help me up, opening up her door, leading me over up the stairs towards his office.

You could see Aaron sitting on his laptop through the open blinds. A sudden course of fear strikes through me, grabbing at her arms slowly.

"What if he hates me JJ? Or doesn't believe me." A heavy expression went over her face.

"Hotch isn't like that. Just explain to him, and then you can tell the team as well when you are ready, I'll be down by your desk if you need me." Her smile was enough to ease me just a bit knocking at the door. He looked up waving his hand to let me inside, she walked away now leaving me with my now or never thoughts. Entering into the room, I sat across from him on the chair seeing him glance up.

"Hello Ebony, is everything alright?" A firm head nod was sent his way, holding my sweaty hands in my lap.

"Never been better Aaron.. I need to tell you something do you uhm remember seven months ago when the team went out to the bar for drinks?" His fingers slowed down on the keyboard for a moment, his eyes flicking while in thought.

"Yes I recall that night. Drink after drink was ordered it was fun." He nodded moving his laptop to focus on me more.

"Well you see that night I was a little tipsy but I left that night with someone." Once again he was nodding at me confused maybe like I was sharing too much information cause his lips formed a thin line.

"I went to a hotel with an older man, and slept with them.. And that man was you, I left the very next morning because I was afraid you were gonna yell at me, or fire me. But.. That I'm sorry for hiding not only that for this long but that I'm seven months pregnant... I'm so sorry Aaron."

The loudest sound of a cup shattering was what was met through out my ears.

"What...?"