Chapter Eleven

Ebony's Pov
The glass shards had swept in a quick pile, Aaron entire body posture was tense and in disbelief. He walked over near the large window to pull down the blinds to make sure no one could look in, hopefully no loud voices were raised.

"Alright I'm not mad, I'm mostly calm for the most part start from the beginning. Like the very beginning? Me and Rossi were talking about you basically and you didn't say anything? You just hid it." My eyes once again faced my lap for a minute, rubbing at the fabric of the dress roughly before glancing back up at him watching him pace left and right his hands firmly behind his back.

"I uhm, yes I just assumed you didn't remember. That night I was drinking and was about to head home. You came over and we had a few drinks. You were pretty drunk you were cracking jokes. I was a little drunk myself so when you leaned in and told me you thought I was beautiful since you interviewed me back then. I sort of just went with the flow cause I'm in love with you." He blinked his eyes roughly a couple times stopping for a moment rubbing the bridge of his nose a couple times.

"I actually remember that.. We slipped out and we got a Taxi before we went to the hotel. We kissed in the back a lot, lots of touches." He cleared his throat shaking his head a couple times.

"The next morning I woke up first, and freaked out. I was worried about being fired off the team or if you were gonna hate me say it was a mistake so I left first, I acted as if I went home first before anyone and yeah." I sighed pressing my back firmly into the chair

"Okay let's take a breath and drift away from the best sex of a life time. When did you find out you were pregnant?" Another breather was released looking away for a moment.

"I officially found out during that case back in LA when I got the hotel room to myself. I noticed on my monthly tracker I had missed it. And officially knew. Once again I was scared so I thought hiding it was the answer, so I just hid it every month and I know it was wrong to keep it hidden from you Aaron." Another heavy sigh tore from his lips, he held up his hand for me to be quiet for a moment.

"So when you were whining about the smells that was the pregnancy? I should have been able to notice sooner. I mean I have a son for god sakes." He sighed with a heavy chuckle, going back to pacing slowly dropping his head down.

"I knew you never liked strawberry before that was a craving. I should have noticed when you were trying to eat soap." He held back another soft chuckle looking down.

"When you started crying during that child case. Or when you were snapping at everyone it was so clear signs you were uncomfortable and clearly in pain, with morning sickness and you were still doing field work. It was incredibly dangerous Ebony, you are lucky that you weren't injured." I grew a little panicked watching him make his way near me, my eyes growing wide in size when he keeled down in front of me grabbing at both my hands.

"Ebony, do you know how much I care for you? I wouldn't have fired you because it was two people consenting, I would have even dealt with Strauss. And I'm so sorry you thought I would be angry, that you had to hide it from the team.. From me and do this alone. Ebony do you not see how in love I am with you?" I stared at him even more deeply in his eyes, feeling my hands trembling a little in his hold.

"Are you just saying that because I said it?" I said through light laughter, hearing him chuckle shaking his head no at me quickly with amusement, holding my hands more tightly in his large grip.

"I mean it, that I've been falling in love with you for some time. You've always been there for me, even when me and Jack were grieving. I want this Ebony... I know I missed out on half of the baby growing but I wanna be apart of both your lives. I know Jack will be an amazing big brother, and if you give me the chance I can take care of you as well. But if that's gonna happen. You aren't allowed to do field work anymore you can come on the scenes but you stay at the police station, or you stay here with Garcia understood." I nodded my head mindlessly lifting my hand to wipe at my cheeks deeply.

"Okay." I answered watching his thumb rub across the back of my hand in small rhythm.

"You have to promise me Ebony okay? I'm serious." He was still staring into my eyes with soft sadness. I once again nodded at him a couple times, grabbing at his hand for a moment to press it right onto the bump exhaling, all these relief just seemed to leave me all at once.

"Aaron meet your daughter, she doesn't have a name yet. But she's there." I said through soft sad giggles seeing his eyes grow wide again suddenly looking back up up at me with at first an unreadable expression. Before he was smiling, rubbing his palm slowly across the bump in place moving to press the side of his head near the bump.

"It's a girl...? I've always wanted a girl." He chuckled exhaling slowly, I threaded my hands loosely through his hair for a moment. This had to have been a sort of dream, it had to have been, never had I imagined this coming true. Mostly in dreams, that's for sure.

"I promise to take care of you and your mommy... That's a promise." I shut my eyes deeply, still running my hands through his hair.

"Ow Spence you are on my damn hand."

"Morgan move over!"

"Oh my god I've been waiting forever for them."

I opened my eyes for a moment in shock. I really shouldn't be shocked that the whole team was hiding behind the door and listening.

"Need to prepare my house for the baby shower." Aaron let a soft chuckle out suddenly shaking with laughter.

"Oh no way.." He muttered standing up for a moment with a grunt.