Such A Night

The same stage hand, who you learned from Elvis is called Christian, comes to collect you about ten minutes later.

"Miss Y/N?" He calls through the door, making you groan in annoyance. You and Elvis have spent the last few moments chatting and cracking jokes with one another, fingers intertwined. You've never felt more comfortable with somebody before.

"Yes?" You call back. Elvis rubs his thumb across the back of your hand, effectively distracting you.

"You're needed on set for a final run through."

Elvis gives you a playful pout, the look making you blush as you suppress a giggle.

"I'll be right there."

Christian doesn't respond, so you lean in to give Elvis a final kiss before you stand.

"Seven, right?" You ask when you pull away, Elvis's hands reaching for you as you stand.

"If I can wait that long."

That makes you laugh, head thrown back. Christian knocks on the door once more, and you can't resist leaning down to kiss Elvis again before darting to the door.

Elvis gets up, quickly moving to open the door for you like the true southern gentleman he is.

"See ya soon, sugar."

He gives you a wink as you walk out the door, Christian politely averting his eyes.

You flash him a sweet smile before turning away, following Christian back toward the stage.

"Is he as cool in person as he is on television?" Christian asks, the question startling you. He's got to be about two years younger than you, and just as starstruck.

"Exactly like on television."

Christian's wide grin is contagious, your cheeks sore from smiling so much this afternoon.

When you approach the stage one of the girls closest to you, Candice, comes at you with wide eyes.

"What'd he want, girl?" She asks excitedly. You giggle, gripping her dark hands in your own.

"Candy, he's just the sweetest thing." You can't help but gush. She giggles right along with you, the two of you as giddy as highschool girls.

Candice and you had met when you first moved to L.A., quickly becoming fast friends who barely left each other's sides. Getting this gig was a dream come true for you both.

"You can't tell anybody," you whisper, pulling her to the side. "but he's taking me out tonight."

Candice covers her mouth with one hand.

"You're kidding!"

"I'm dead serious!" You laugh. "I swear Candice, if any of these other girls found out I scored a date with the Elvis Presley, I'd be dead meat!"

Candice rolls her eyes.

"They'd have to get through me, first."

You giggle, swaying into her side.

"Candice, Y/N!" One of the dance instructors on set calls to you both. "Places please, just one more run through and we can all go home!"

You both make your way to your marked places, excitement filling your body when you realize Elvis will be walking onto set in a few seconds.

"Alright, places ladies!" The instructor calls one last time, and you catch Candice side eyeing you as Elvis makes his way onstage, giving everyone a wide grin.

There's just something about him that seems to draw you to him, every movement he makes leaving you breathless.

Your heart skips a beat when Elvis's eyes flash to you, a little wink thrown your way.

A few of the girls notice, side eyeing you with jealous looks and catty huffs.

You pay them no mind- the promise of your and Elvis's date outweighs any and all negative feelings.

The run through is quick, and you really give it your all as you preform, pressing Elvis back into the chair. You give him the most sultry look possible, playing it up to make him laugh.

Your chest fills with pride when you see him suppressing a chuckle.

"That's a wrap for tonight, great work everyone!"

Elvis is quickly called away, but he can't help but look back at you once before he goes, disappearing into a crowd of managers and hangers-on. It makes you feel special, heart beating a mile a minute.

Candice comes to stand beside you, looking between the two of you in amusement.

"Oh, you've both got it bad."