Bridge Over Troubled Water

"Okay, if we just cinch the sides in here," Candice says, tying a thin ribbon around your waist in order to tuck the sides of your dress in.

You watch in the mirror as your waist becomes more prominent in the pink dress Elvis had picked out for you, the once flowing material becoming tight against your torso. Your eyes widen at your figure.

"Wow, Candice you're fantastic!"

She stands up from behind he, tossing her dark hair behind her shoulder with a smile.

"I know, it's amazing what a little elbow grease and a sewing kit can do."

The bottom half of the dress is lined with jeweled tassels, taken from a dress you no longer wore but packed anyway. The hemline stops at mid thigh, pretty clear jewels cool against your skin as you twirl a little to inspect your figure.

You feel beautiful, breathtaking.

You just hope Elvis likes it as well.

"You think he'll be okay with the changes?" You ask Candice, suddenly apprehensive.

Candice fixes her make-up in the mirror.

"Girl, he'd be obsessed with you even if you showed up in a flour sack!" She moves to flip a piece of hair off of your forehead. "Don't stress!"

You take a deep breath, facing yourself in the mirror with a smile.

"You're right. I guess I'm just overthinking."

Candice hums in response, make-up brush in hand as she touches up her blush.

"You and I are most definitely the best looking girls in this place, you don't have anything to worry about."

Her confidence makes you giggle, a bit of it rubbing off on you.

Just then a knock sounds on the suite Doors- Jerry coming to collect the two of you for the show. Candice gives you a look, eyebrow raised as she shimmies her hips a little.

"Ready to see your man in action?"

You knock your shoulder against hers.

"Always."

*

*

*

You're sat towards the very front, watching Elvis in action. He seems so happy on stage, moving to the music and singing like he never has before.

It leaves you breathless, a feeling so strong you can't put it into words overtaking you. There's nothing else in the world but him at this moment.

The show is brilliant, of course, like it always is. Women and men alike scream and shout in excitement beside you, Jerry and Charlie Hodge standing behind you and Candice like silent guards to keep the crowd at bay. You would have noticed if they were there or not anyway.

In this moment, all you can see is Elvis.

Sweat drips down his face, the leather jumpsuit sparkling when the lights hit it just right. You press your thighs together as he kneels on the stage, belting out the lyrics to Burning Love with so much passion you feel swept away by it.

Candice cheers from beside you, and you shake yourself back into reality a little.

Jerry taps your shoulder as the sing cones to a close, audience cheering loudly as Elvis speaks to them.

"After this next one we'll get you two back stage, that way it'll be easier to get back to the hotel." Jerry shouts over the roar of the crowd, and you nod in acknowledgement.