2.

America's POV:
I walked into the meeting room to see no one inside. Good. Though I know it's not completely vacant. I walk into the room and kneel down, shifting the food in my hands to my left  arm so I could lift up the tablecloth with my free hand. As soon as it was out of the way, I could see Peter just a foot or so away, looking directly at me, no doubt having heard me enter the room.

"Hi Miss Amelia!" He greeted me as I crawled under the table to sit next to him, discreetly hiding the gummy bears behind my back as I did so. I had just gotten him to quit calling me 'Miss America' a few years ago but still haven't gotten him to drop the 'Miss' entirely, oh well, I guess it doesn't really matter.

"I got ya some goodies," I said as I passed him a sandwich and a fruit cup, which he thanked me for. "Now, the only thing left is to see if you can handle... the ultimate goodie," I said with all of the little showmanship needed to entertain a child. "Are you ready?"

He giggled, "Yeah, of course."

"No, I need you to be serious for a second," I told him, mocking seriousness myself, "Are you ready for its sugary goodness?"

He tried to suppress his giggles and nodded.

"Ok" I sang a tune of suspenseful music before slowly bringing the gummy bears out from behind my back and into the view of the child in front of me. His eyes lit up and he thanked me as I gave it to him.

"Thank you Miss Amelia!" He said gratefully.

"No prob, bob," I responded automatically, eliciting a giggle from the child. "What? You think I'm funny?"

Peter nodded, "Uh-huh, you're so dramatic and say a lot of weird stuff, I like it though."

I gasped theatrically, "Me, dramatic? What ever do you mean?"

He looked at the gummy bears and then back at me.

"What are you talking about? Those are sour gummy bears, if that's not good enough for a little showmanship then I don't know what is," I said, shaking my head. Peter giggled at my antics and I could only laugh along. "I'm glad you don't mind it though," I said as I gently ruffled his hair before unwrapping my sandwich as he bit into his.

We ate our lunch and talked about various things, things I wouldn't normally talk about with other adults. Things like superheroes and blessedly childish subjects that I actually enjoy discussing. We were in the middle of talking about a new movie when I glanced at my watch and frowned.

"Sorry kiddo, but break's almost over. The other nations will be coming in soon," I told Peter, signaling the end of our talk. I always enjoy talking to Peter, kids in general are more fun to talk to in my experience. They aren't concerned with politics or making themselves look good even if they have to lie through their teeth, and they especially don't tend to try to hurt others with their words just for the sake of causing harm.

"Aww, all right. I guess I'll see you at the next meeting, well, if I can get in," he said.

"I think you can sneak into pretty much anywhere at this point," I told him, earning a big smile in return. "I'll see you later."

"See ya."

I gathered our trash, except for the gummy bear container that Peter was still snacking out of, and emerged from under the white tablecloth. I walked over to the trash can in the corner of the room and dumped the garbage in as Japan walked in through the door about five feet to my left. He seemed surprised when he saw me and came within an arm's length to greet me.

"Heya, Japan-san!"

"Hello, America-san, you're earlier than usual."

"Oh, yeah, I just couldn't remember if I brought the right paperwork with me, so I came in here to find my bag and check. Turns out it was a false alarm."