13.

As the next memory faded in, it was clear that it was merely a continuation of the last one, having only skipped about an hour or so of travel time.

The children stopped at the tree line as they reached the edge of the clearing that held the new village. "Hey, what do you know? They did know the right way!" Spiky-Hair exclaimed as he burst out into the clearing.

Amayeli crossed her arms and glowered at the taller man, "Yes," she said, still irritated in his low confidence in her. Seeing as he didn't pay her much mind, she dropped the look, opting instead to do the spell again so that Kanata could understand them as well. She placed her forefinger between his eyebrows and began transferring information as the others caught up.

By the time the last of the blondes had made it near the clearing, Amayeli had finished with the spell and took her finger off of her brother's head. "You kind of have to unscramble their words when they talk," she told him in a native language. He nodded and they turned to look at the motherly man and the child, who were still catching up.

The two blondes quickened their pace upon seeing their village, the boy letting go of the man's hand to go up ahead. His focus on what was ahead of him, however, caused him to forget about what was below him. An awkwardly shaped rock made its way underfoot, causing him to lose his balance and tumble to the ground with a yelp. The motherly man was quick to help him up as all attention turned to the young boy. 

Both of the blondes crossed the threshold of trees and made their way into the clearing where the motherly man kneeled to examine the hand that the boy had thrust out to catch himself with. There was a gash where his palm had hit a rough root instead of the dirt. The man brushed some dirt away from the wound as it began to slowly close up. 

This caught Amayeli's attention, and she moved closer to watch as the boy's hand healed up much like she had seen her older siblings' wounds heal. It was much faster than any regular human could naturally heal. She looked at the boy in awe as his cut finished healing.

The motherly man looked up at the others worriedly, and it was clear what he was thinking. 'How were they going to deal with two native children who knew they weren't human? If the two of them told other people about this and they believed them, this could cause a major problem.'

Amayeli, however, was oblivious to this and broke out into a beaming smile. "You're like us!" she proclaimed, accidently butchering the sentence structure and using both Icelandic and Swedish words. The men were able to piece together what had she said nonetheless, and were greatly surprised once they figured out what she had meant to say. 

"You're a personification?" The motherly man looked down at her with eyes that were wide and lightly relieved. 

Amayeli vigorously nodded at him with a great smile firmly planted on her face. Kanata moved closer to his sister to stand by her side as she knelt next to the pale-skinned boy. The motherly man traded looks with the others behind the two children. Amayeli followed his gaze and grinned at the other three as well.

Norge looked at the motherly man, the children, the men beside him, and then the children again. "What exactly do you personify?" He asked the children, his expression turned hopeful.

On cue, the children both pointed at the village behind them: the pale-faces' village.

Now it was the motherly man's turn to break into a great smile. He reached a hand out to the girl, "We had been beginning to think you didn't exist, we've been looking for you for days now." The girl giggled but did not take his offered hand, instead she began speaking quickly to the boy in their native language.