Chapter 1

The sun was shining bright, it was a hot day perhaps, and her forehead was wet because of perspiration. The queue line was very long she had waited for 1 hour and maybe she would have to wait for another hour. Natasha Jones was surprisingly there to fill the form for a summer camp. She decided the last moment, therefore she had to wait. She was next now to submit her form. She adjusted her plaid full sleeved shirt and pulled her hair in a tighter bun. The lady in the office scanned the form.NAME: NATASHA JONES, AGE: 17, PARENTS: PEARL JONES, ROBBY JONES. The lady accepted the form and money and gave her a receipt.

On her way back home, she decided to meet her best friend Emily.

"So how come you changed your mind?" Emily inquired. "Um well, I wanted a vacation since a long time and as my family couldn't go out together I thought lets try this. Ill also have a chance to meet new people you know." Natasha replied. "Oh my god! Since when are you inclined to meeting new people? Or is that you want to meet new boys?" Emily teased. Laughing, Natasha joked "maybe."

"Hey, did you submit the form?" Natasha's mom asked. "Yes" she replied entering her room. She quickly washed her face and changed into a comfortable loose t-shirt and loose track pants. She sat on her bed with her laptop and played the song 'summer of 69' by Bryan Adams and began listing the things she would need for the summer camp. There were 7 things she would have to buy. A satchel, a few loose full sleeved tops, a decent night suit, decent sport shoes, a sipper, a flashlight and a portable charger. She had two weeks before she left for the summer camp. So she decided to shop this weekend.

It was 6 pm and she was hungry so she went in the kitchen and searched for food. As always there was nothing. So she grabbed a carrot, peeled it and ate it. Her mother had left for another speech 2 hours ago. She was watching television when her mother returned. "We have to go shopping this weekend to get things for the camp" Natasha said in a low voice, "if you are free that is" she added. "I'll let you know" her mother said tiredly. After half an hour Natasha's brother, Hector returned from work. He was an editor in a good company. "Heyy" Natasha grinned. "Heyy, how was your day? Did you submit the form?" hector asked. "My day was okay and yes I did submit the form. How was your day?" said Natasha. "It was tiring" he replied. "Okay" Natasha muttered.

"Come and help me to make dinner Natasha" her mom spoke. Natasha groaned and got up to help her mom. "so, are you excited about the camp?" Natasha's mom asked. "Um actually no. I am not even happy about you spending so much of money on it. Instead all of us could have gone for a small vacation together, which would've been much better" Natasha said in a hushed tone. "Ya, we will some other time maybe. And you don't worry about the expenses sweety. You enjoy your vacation. I'm sure you will have fun. And it's not too expensive. We can afford that much, after all my friend has organized the camp so she gave us a discount" her mother smiled and Natasha nodded." The three of them had dinner. It was 11 pm when Natasha's father arrived. Natasha smiled at him he returned the smile.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT DO YOU FEEL ABOUT IT. YOUR OPINIONS MATTER A LOT TO ME.

READ, COMMENT.

THANK YOU! :)